Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Massage

Was an excellent experience . Will definitely be returning for another massage and floatation visit.

Reviewed 4 days ago
Glenn R
via mobile
Esalen Massage & Salt Water Flotation at Still Point Wellness Center

Still Point Wellness is my happy place! After a massage & float, I always leave with a calm mind... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Rhonda S
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Asheville
from $109.00
from $19.99
from $80.00
from $300.00
More Info
All reviews esalen massage float tank sensory deprivation deep tissue mind body deep relaxation an amazing experience salt water fish tank private bathroom and shower massage bed infrared sauna couples massage great massage a great job explaining explained everything corey flotation
Reviewed August 6, 2016

Immediately, the floating experience dissipated all the tension in my body! Felt so light and relaxed! It was amazing and the environment so beautiful and peaceful! The staff was so welcoming and friendly! Would highly recommend this experience to anyone seeking a blissful experience. The lightness and sense of presence remained with me for hours afterward! Looking forward to my next appointment.
I would like to add that Corey and Robin donated a package which included six floatation sessions to Asheville Community Yoga's expansion fund. So grateful that I won this raffle! They are incredibly generous and have gifted these many times! (May I add that ACY is the best yoga studio anywhere- offering yoga to everyone regardless of the ability to pay the suggested donation- extending such peace and joy to our community.) Stillpoint Wellness is also providing a wonderful service to Asheville and all who visit here! Can't thank them enough!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Sue T
Still Point W, Float Specialist at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Congratulations on winning the ACY raffle! That is wonderful. So many amazing gifts are given away through the raffle each month. Flotation makes you feel so light and weightless that when you leave you seem to be floating out the door! We can't wait to have you back. See you next time.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

What a wonderful place.

I suspected that Still Point Wellness would be special when I discovered the depth of knowledge of relaxation and massage during an interview with ownership before signing up. The question was... could the Essalen Institute's spirit and experience be transferred from the gold hills of the Big Sur to the rolling mountains of Western North Carolina. The answer, spoken after a poised, well paced relaxing massage this morning with Lisa is "yes"!

Still Point is more than a center for massage, and in the months and years ahead, I look forward to exploring yoga, flotation, and therapies with the congenial staff.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Cowboybuckaroo
Still Point W, Float Specialist at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Hi there!

It is such a great compliment to us that you felt the spirit of the Esalen Insitute here at Still Point. That is the just the experience we strive for! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future as you explore everything else we have to offer.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating, I immediately felt at ease entering the space. It was my first time going in a deprivation tank and I was pleasantly surprised by how embodied and relaxed I felt with no light an the ability to float around and move in ways I haven't before. This was the most in tune with my body I've felt in a very long time, I can see how this is very cleansing for the mind body and soul Thank you for a wonderful experience and for the wonderful space with great staff, an enchanting fish tank, and fun trinkets to relax and reflect on after the session. I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: July 2016
Still Point W, Float Specialist at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Flotation allows you to really connect with your body in ways that are difficult to experience elsewhere. It is amazing to be totally supported and held by Epsom salt. Relaxing by the fish tank and integrating your experience is the perfect way to end a float. We are so happy you took the time to do so. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

I had a great massage today from Ben:) He is a true healer and a grounded and calm person. Thank you Ben. Lisa was wonderful in greeting us and showing us around
We love your spa. Thank you

Hi there,

We are so glad you enjoyed your massage with Ben. All of our staff are trained to meet each individuals needs and to help create the best experience possible. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2016

The float was wonderful. You get a private room with a toilet and shower. Everything is explained well, you aren't rushed at all, and you are welcome to sit next to the aquarium and drink tea for as long as you want afterward. I plan to return as regularly as my budget will allow.

Hi there,

We are so glad you enjoyed your float. Sitting by the fish tank is a wonderful way to integrate your experience and we're happy you took the time to do so. We offer memberships in which you pay a discounted monthly rate. If you are interested in floating regularly this is a great way to make it more affordable. We hope to see you again soon!