“Superb Experience at Still Point Wellness Spa”

Still Point Wellness
More attraction details
Owner description: Still Point Wellness is a new spa concept specializing in healing arts designed for personal development through deep relaxation and self exploration. Our unique modalities include Salt Water Floatation, Esalen Massage and Somatic Psychology.
Reviewed March 20, 2016

My boyfriend and I got the Mind/Body Exploration Package for Valentine's Day! The Esalen Massage was one of the best massages I have ever received! Make sure to ask for Corey! We also experienced our first floats! I was a little nervous about the salt water floatation, however Corey made sure we both felt comfortable before entering into the chamber. I would recommend everyone try a salt water float at least once! Everyone at the spa was incredibly nice...even Jessica, the receptionist made sure I had a pleasant experience! We left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

Date of experience: February 2016
Still Point W, Float Specialist at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2016

Hi!

What a nice way to celebrate Valentines day by sharing the gift of wellness and relaxation. We work hard to make sure that any apprehension that exists about floating disappears by the time you get into the tank. I am so glad you enjoyed your services! We hope to see you again.

All reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 14 reviews
"salt water fish tank"
in 4 reviews
"private bathroom and shower"
"massage bed"
in 39 reviews
"flotation"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed March 19, 2016

I had my first float, a recommended 90 minute float in their flotation chamber. I was a little nervous at first about the pitch dark, but the staff explained I could open the door a crack and let some light in - which I did.

I became very relaxed as my mind wandered, all the while floating around the chamber - what a feeling! I'm going to have to try floating again simply for the relaxation and solitude it provides, not to mention the after-effect of floating!

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed your float and that you felt so relaxed. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 18, 2016

I've never "floated" before and Still Point Wellness advised us to do the 90 minute float for our first time. The 90 minutes seemed to go by so fast! It was so relaxing and to experience the sensory deprivation is something anyone into mind-body wellness should try. Thanks for an amazing time Still Point!

Hi!

We are so happy you enjoyed your float. It is wonderful to lose the concept of time and let go - to just "be." In our busy society it is really a treat to be find somewhere in which we are able to do so. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2016

First I would like to say I am an avid traveler, and have been to a lot of great spas, resorts, and wellness centers around the world. For it's location, and services I chose to give Still Point a 4 star rating. The center is a small location tucked away in Asheville's trendier side of town. The atmosphere is very nice, and pleasing especially for an urban location. The staff seemed busy while I was there, and sort of rushed to deal with me, but I am not to picky. I have read they are very attentive to most customers, but this was not my experience, I wasn't really to bothered by it though, as I said they looked as if they were busy on something.

I came in for a float about 30 minutes before my appointment just to make sure everything was ready, they request you show up 15 minutes early. I was given a water and some forms to fill out as usual, and enjoyed checking out their decorations as I waited. The couple before me came out, and seemed very happy with their float experience, and made some comments on how the tank was better than others they had floated in. I was pretty happy to head the good comments, as this was my first experience in a sensory deprivation chamber.

When it was my time to go in after cleaning the tank I was taken to a room with all of the amenities I needed such as towel, toilet, sink, hand towel, shower, and bench. They gave me a quick run down on the tank, and left me to it.

I first entered the tank, and realized I forgot the ear plugs which lead to me getting salt in my eyes, but the burning stopped pretty quickly. The tank it's self is quite large compared to what I have seen online. I floated fine, it was entirely dark, and all I could hear was my heart beat, and even my stomach a bit. The tank is very humid, but I expected that, and didn't find it to be anything out of the norm. Personally I had a hard time staying still, but did get the sensation of being in a vast void for my time lapse, and thought it was great! I would recommend this place, and will likely return.

4  Thank Phillip O
See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2016

First, let me say that I'm a retired massage therapist who trained at the Esalen Institute (among other places) years ago.

My visit started with a float. The floatation suite is well designed and the tank is one of the best I've been in. I took a 90 minute float. That was a bit long for me. One hour next time. YMMV. The suite has a private bathroom and shower as well as the tank. You are provided with towel and robe, ear plugs (to keep water out) and minimal toiletries. As another reviewer noted, if you have long hair, you might want to bring a brush and/or comb.

I followed the float with a massage by Robin. BTW, I know her incidentally from various visits to Esalen. It was wonderful to re-experience the wonderful Esalen style. The only thing missing was an outdoor table overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

All in all, Still Point offers excellent service by a friendly, well trained staff. It's not cheap, but a good value for the money. I'll be back.

As an aside,if you're looking for couples, the single tank only fits one. If you arrange a visit as a couple, the wonderful staff will help you coordinate so one of you floats first while the other gets a massage, then you swap. That's in my plan for the next visit.

1  Thank 964jds
Still Point W, Float Specialist at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and that you were able to re-experience Esalen. We hope to see you again.