“tacos”

Ranked #113 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zia presents you with a collection of our favorite scratch made flavors from regional Mexico, Texas, & New Mexico. We have established a unique menu by using fresh, local, & regional ingredients and sourcing premium chiles from New Mexico. We utilize a fast-casual concept and view ourselves as partners with our customers, employees, community, and environment.
Asheville, North Carolina
“tacos”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

this is a West Asheville location alittle off the beaten track. The was good service was casual.Prices were very reasonable. Casual dining for sure

Visited May 2014

Kansas City
“Good food and away from the downtown crowds.”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stopped in after we were unable to find parking downtown. Parked in lot right next to restaurant. Good food, prices very good, fast service. Its a hang out for the locals it appears. Chips were great and good strong margarita was made. Give it a try and help a local owner. We found it via TripAdvisor too.

• Visited June 2014
Mills River, North Carolina
“Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I took my family, a party of 14, out to Zia's for dinner. I had called in advance so they knew we were coming and were set up and well prepared for our arrival. The staff was very attentive from the moment we arrived, always friendly and professional. I know how difficult it can be to handle a large party on a busy Friday night, they handled it with ease. The food was superb as always and very well presented. This was an excellent dining experience and I highly recommend this restaurant if you find yourself hungry and in West Asheville.

• Visited June 2014
Weaverville, United States
“After Dolores and Jose, a Big Disappointment”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Mexican food here is ordinary. My wife and I have eaten here a few times since they took over the location of Dolores and Jose's restaurant. Zia's is just not as good as Dolores and Jose's, nor several other Mexican places in Asheville. They have good tacos, enchiladas and nachos. The quesadillas are quite ordinary. They have a full service bar, with specialty margaritas and all the Mexican beers you can remember.
A favorite of many people at Dolores and Jose's was the huevos rancheros. I asked our server at Zia about adding that to the menu, and he said "well we have the same menu here as in Charleston, and that works for us!" Rude!

• Visited April 2014
sword2tip, Owner at Zia Taqueria, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello and thanks for giving us your review.
I apologize if our server came off rude. It is definitely not the ideal reply or the great service we have become known for. The quesadillas look aesthetically like a normal quesadilla but I assure you they are not ordinary as all the proteins are made with spice blends built from scratch in house with ingredients from New Mexico and Asheville and then are nurtured with longer then average cooking or marination times.
We do have Huevos Rancheros on our menu and it is available Sunday and Monday Brunch until 5pm. Give me a call at the restaurant and we can set up a time where you can come in and have Huevos Rancheros on me. They also will be featured on our new menu when it comes out. Please call me at 575-9393 Thank you for your time.
Sincerely, Robert Tipsword Operating Partner
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great! ”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Really great service, good atmosphere and easy parking in west Asheville. Clearly the best grilled fish tacos in Asheville with good cheese enchilada, pastor taco and grilled chicken taco. As a native Texan I really enjoyed the flavors reminiscent of childhood!