“I'd go back”

Ranked #113 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zia presents you with a collection of our favorite scratch made flavors from regional Mexico, Texas, & New Mexico. We have established a unique menu by using fresh, local, & regional ingredients and sourcing premium chiles from New Mexico. We utilize a fast-casual concept and view ourselves as partners with our customers, employees, community, and environment.
Abingdon VA
“I'd go back”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I had a nice lunch here. My wife wasn't impressed. I don't know what that meant...but I liked it! I appreciated the the fresh unique flavors. The kids menu was fun for my daughters. I would like to return and just eat ala cart tacos and enjoy pre-show drinks before a show at the Orange peel some day soon. Spacious, clean dining area friendly-er than average Asheville service.

Asheville
“The Best Mexican Restaurant in Asheville”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

While it is a low bar, this is the best Mexican restaurant I've been to in Asheville. It is very Santa Fe, and, apparently, that is deliberate because the owner spent time in Santa Fe.

The cheese enchiladas were wonderful with a very New Mexican red sauce. A side of corn on the cob was fabulous, albeit a bit messy. The side of pinto beans with pork was quite wonderful, rather like a soup. The chicken quesadilla was also the best I've had in Asheville.

The only weak point was the slightly sweet salsa served with the chips.

I will definitely return and I highly recommend the restaurant.

Gaylord, Michigan
“Super Tasty!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stopped into zia to try the food out and really enjoyed myself!!
The grilled portobello mushroom nachos and ensalada were what I had. really good nachos, they are individual nachos so you actually feel like your eating a regular meal. Salad was fresh and generous with grilled corn and avocado. Will be back next time I'm in town!!

Asheville, North Carolina
“A-mazing”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

the food is delicious.. from the barbacoa nachos and tortas to the made in-house queso dip. full of flavor and originality. margaritas are made from scratch :) no complaints. attentive and friendly service and also in the neighborhood. 2 thumbs up! cant wait to drink outside!

• Visited March 2013
“Great addition to the neighborhood!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Everything at Zia is incredibly fresh, from the margarita mix made in house to all the food. Spices and chilies flown in from Mexico make all the flavors really pop. Casual style counter service makes eating with a large group easy ( no tabs to split at the end ) but the service continues far past the counter. Full service is also available at the bar and high top tables if you're more into that. Highly suggest checking this place out. Try the tacos or the Barbacoa nachos!