“Outstanding Bread, cupcakes not so much”
Review of Dough - CLOSED

Dough
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Asheville
“Outstanding Bread, cupcakes not so much”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice interior, plenty of choices. Bread great, cupcakes and coconut cake not so much, they tasted like they had been around a while. Quite expensive for what you get. Wait staff did not know much about the prepared foods though....When I got home the tuna salad I bought was missing from the bag. I was hoping I would not have to drive to Welbred when Dough opened.

• Visited October 2013

Miami, Florida, United States
“LOVE this place, food for every age, BEST bread and goodies”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is like starbucks, dunkin donuts, einstein bagels, boston market, panera bread and your neighborhood deli ALL rolled into one! I wish there was a Dough near us. In the week we stayed in Asheville, between the 4 of us, we tried the following: monkey bread, chala bread, bagel with lox, quiche, coffee, milk, teas, chocolate chip cookies, philly cheese steak, soups, chicken salad sandwich, pizza, herb cheese spread, pasta salads of all kinds, sour dough loaf, jelly donut, sour cream pound cake, cherry chocolate bread, muffins, shortbread cookies, baked potatos, deviled eggs, and more - AND IT WAS ALL AMAZING. Eat in or take out.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rachel A
North Miami Beach, Florida
“Fresh Bread, Tasty Meatballs, Authenic Italian Tomato Sauce”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

There are many places you can get a meatball sub or hero sandwich, but the one I had at DOUGH elevated this simple sandwich to perfection! The roll was just-baked, the meatballs and sauce simmered to taste from Pop-pop's recipe, then topped with Dough's home-made mozzarella......Excellent!
The shop itself is spotless...it is kind of a mini-version of Batali's Eataly in NYC...Way to go Chef Brian...I love all the different types of food...

• Visited September 2013
Weaverville, NC
“I can't get past the gnats crawling on the food to try it.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had been looking forward to stopping in every since Dough opened on Merrimon Avenue. It is within a very short distance to our office. So today I had a chance to stop in for breakfast. However, the gnats beat me to it, they had already arrived and were waiting on me.... just sitting there on the food. I have to say I was repulsed by them. Yes, we are all likely to get them in our homes if we stock fruit at any given time and I'm no stranger to these pesky little creatures. However, I wouldn't recommend leaving my bread laying out for them to crawl all over. It just isn't sanitary and definitely not appetizing. I found the smallest container of Udon Noodle Salad at $7.99 per pound that I could find and walked out without breakfast. In retrospect, I don't know why I didn't just walk out and felt committed to purchasing something. So, I just put the noodles outside to feed a stray cat outside, because I couldn't get over the thoughts of all those gnats that I saw crawling on the food. I did mention to the lady with the strong foreign accent at the cash register and she acted very surprised and pretty much un-concerned. She didn't ask me to show them to her (I suspect she already knew about them!). Really, how could you not see those things or have an awareness of them. Restaurant overall seems very busy, a lot of options going on. Whenever I stopped at 8:15 am, I was the only car in the parking lot. It is of my opinion that they are trying to offer too much. Find your specialty and do it right. I would also suggest organizing the menu so that Breakfast and Lunch are very easy to define, menu was just to scattered. Good Luck with this restaurant, by the physical appearance, Dough had to have put a lot of dough into this location and building. I really did want to like this place as a new option to grab the occasional breakfast and lunch on the go. Sadly, as nice as the building is, it will not be my new hot spot on Merrimon.

• Visited October 2013
Brian R, Owner at Dough, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
I would like to point to our 99% Health Department Inspection Rating that we have maintained since we opened. I cannot deny that this has been an exceptional terrible year for all types of pests due to the weather these past few months in Asheville, but our store is certainly not crawling with pests. I won't dignify the rest of this review with a response, but felt an obligation to correct this glaring misconception.
“Breakfast”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Dough is amazing! My husband and I are on our honeymoon and drove past Dough on the way to our cabin. We stopped in our first day here and have been back every day since to pick up a little snack! Wish there was one in Raleigh!

2 Thank adventursolj
Brian R, Owner at Dough, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thanks for the kind words... so glad you found us. And congratulations!