“First Time”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped by this morning to get some treats for a real estate closing. WOW, what an incredible store and tasty products. I worked with the owner when I first moved to Asheville and he was the chef at the 4 Diamond Inn / Restaurant where we both worked. I knew he was talented but he's done a great job with this place. I will start taking clients for lunch and pick up treats for closings or special occasions. A bit expensive but it was worth it and my clients were very happy!

1  Thank Bland H

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This has been one of the greatest experiences we have had. My partner and friend went with me for a lunch. Do not expect linens on the hard wood tables which one may find at a b-b-q place; the chairs are just as bad, but, if you get there early enough for a wonderful lunch then there are some comfortable tables and chairs. You order a sandwich which is made then and there. Be sure to check the desserts, take outs, and oh the food! Fantastic. I had a muffaletta my partner and friend had a paisano and vegetables on flat bread. All came promptly and delicious beyond belief! The sandwiches are huge, almost too big for an adult, they do have a "kids" menu. Desert was a chocolate mouse cup cake, which our friend said was "to die for." Enough said, go and enjoy. In cool weather there is a patio and picnic benches in the rear. Parking is ample and a ramp is in the front and back; my partner had no trouble with a walker. Hours are 8-6 M-F and weekends are 8-4 on Sat. and 9-3 on Sun.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

DOUGH is a must to add to your vacation. Just a skosh north of downtown Asheville on Merrimon Avenue, Dough has something for everyone. Many of their breads are vegan, they have a great selection of hard-to-find market items including 00 flour for pasta and pizza dough. There are pre-made items to pick up for a fast dinner without resorting to fast food, hot specials daily, flaky croissants, brioche doughnuts, pizzas with in-house made mozzarella, and a variety of salads. Looking for something to do in the evening? Then take a culinary class at DOUGH. Class sizes are small, taught by chefs, uses quality ingredients and can easily be replicated at home. I took my family who were visiting from PA to a class over Labor Day weekend and they loved it! DOUGH's chefs make intimidating pursuits such as puff pastry and croissants approachable both in the classroom at in the home kitchen.

In addition, DOUGH's customer service cannot be beat. Stop here for a class, meals to go, dine in or even a pastry and you won't be sorry.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ali has it downpat. She can read your mind and put it together, deliver on your platters, and please the crowd. I email her and she takes care of the rest. I can work all week and have a fabulous coctail party on the weekend with no work.

1  Thank Tammy E
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Food good/tasty but not exceptional. Freshly baked so allow time for hot orders. Easy parking from busy Merrimon Avenue.