“Even for the "hoi palois"”
Review of Dough - CLOSED

Dough
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Asheville, North Carolina
“Even for the "hoi palois"”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This has been one of the greatest experiences we have had. My partner and friend went with me for a lunch. Do not expect linens on the hard wood tables which one may find at a b-b-q place; the chairs are just as bad, but, if you get there early enough for a wonderful lunch then there are some comfortable tables and chairs. You order a sandwich which is made then and there. Be sure to check the desserts, take outs, and oh the food! Fantastic. I had a muffaletta my partner and friend had a paisano and vegetables on flat bread. All came promptly and delicious beyond belief! The sandwiches are huge, almost too big for an adult, they do have a "kids" menu. Desert was a chocolate mouse cup cake, which our friend said was "to die for." Enough said, go and enjoy. In cool weather there is a patio and picnic benches in the rear. Parking is ample and a ramp is in the front and back; my partner had no trouble with a walker. Hours are 8-6 M-F and weekends are 8-4 on Sat. and 9-3 on Sun.

• Visited September 2013

Asheville, NC
“Culinary classes, Quality food, and Friendly people..Don't miss it!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

DOUGH is a must to add to your vacation. Just a skosh north of downtown Asheville on Merrimon Avenue, Dough has something for everyone. Many of their breads are vegan, they have a great selection of hard-to-find market items including 00 flour for pasta and pizza dough. There are pre-made items to pick up for a fast dinner without resorting to fast food, hot specials daily, flaky croissants, brioche doughnuts, pizzas with in-house made mozzarella, and a variety of salads. Looking for something to do in the evening? Then take a culinary class at DOUGH. Class sizes are small, taught by chefs, uses quality ingredients and can easily be replicated at home. I took my family who were visiting from PA to a class over Labor Day weekend and they loved it! DOUGH's chefs make intimidating pursuits such as puff pastry and croissants approachable both in the classroom at in the home kitchen.

In addition, DOUGH's customer service cannot be beat. Stop here for a class, meals to go, dine in or even a pastry and you won't be sorry.

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Let Dough do your party”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ali has it downpat. She can read your mind and put it together, deliver on your platters, and please the crowd. I email her and she takes care of the rest. I can work all week and have a fabulous coctail party on the weekend with no work.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tammy E
“Lunch”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Food good/tasty but not exceptional. Freshly baked so allow time for hot orders. Easy parking from busy Merrimon Avenue.

Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Glad we ventured outside the city to go here”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I had read several other reviews of Dough and wanted to go some where for breakfast that was not downtown (hoping to avoid the Bele Chere crowd while we were there). We weren't disappointed.

Dough is a short drive outside the "downtown" area of Asheville. I believe it was only a mile and a half from our hotel (Hotel Indigo). The food selection for breakfast was wonderful. While I went simple (coffee and a bagel - yes, you can get that anywhere), my wife had both a sampling of the doughnuts and one of the cronuts that Dough had made that morning (they go quick and thankfully we were able to get one from their second batch).

I had read some other reviews that there isn't much seating and while I would agree that there's not dozens of tables inside (there's a few small tables and a larger gathering style table), there are several outdoor tables that provide more than enough room.

My main reason for writing this review is to compliment the owner. My wife, daughter and I were leaving the restaurant when he came up to make sure we had enjoyed our food. His son, as he mentioned was "in training" helped with getting the door for us while the owner asked if my daughter could have a few of the freshly made cookies that had been prepared that morning. The owner definitely knows customer service.

I did notice that other than just being a place for breakfast and lunch, Dough offers cooking classes. The morning we were there (unfortunately we couldn't attend), they were having a bread making class in what I saw to t be a very nice sized cooking classroom.

We'll definitely be going back for our next stay in Asheville.

• Visited July 2013