“Hit and Miss”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Some of their baked goods are good, especially their gruyere bialys. However, their baguette is easily eclipsed by the French baguette at City Bakery. As well, their chocolate croissants have nothing to do with croissants given the cake-like consistency of the crust. The products available on the shelves are eclectic and often what one could find in any mediocre supermarket.

I ordered a roast beef sandwich which was so bland that even applying a generous amount of my own jarred Hellman's Mayonaise didn't help.

I was hoping for something like Zabar's or Fairway in New York, but this is, at best, a mediocre deli with a few good baked goods.

There are newer reviews for Dough

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I just enjoyed a lovely lunch at Dough in Asheville with my family and friends. The quiche was moist and fresh, just the way I like it. This new eatery is clean, friendly and very easy to find. The staff served us quickly and were so friendly. We could taste pizza, cookies, breads, etc while we were waiting for our food. Free cucumber infused water! It was delightful ;-)

1  Thank DrNoreen L
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had the opportunity to take a cooking class at Dough and ended up having one of the best curry dishes ever. The teacher, Naina Bhedwar, was up from Atlanta to teach the class. She was personable and the class was very informative providing the why of how things were being done.

1  Thank ARP313
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went to Dough this evening and had pizza. Pizza is my thing and Dough has it down right. In fact, my kids and I were talking about where the best pizza is on out trip up to the mountains of North Carolina. I really could not come up with an answer. Then we went to Dough and I knew we had found the spot. I wish I could have it shipped down to my home in Florida.

I also had some Meditteranean pasta salad that was excellent. Finally, I also had some chocolate cherry bread which was just plain great. The only problem with Dough is that I ate so much food that I felt like I needed to go out and take a hike to work off all the food!
Dough is a must in Asheville and even the whole western part of North Carolina. I highly recommend Dough.

1  Thank Tcoylesq
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was recommended by a local. It was a little out of town,away from the tourists traps.
Clean and friendly,we had Challah French Toast,Omelets,and
a variety of breads.
The atmostphere is a large bakery .Perfect

1  Thank Mark L