“Good beer, nice place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is one of Asheville's most popular local breweries. It also has a decent menu of locally-sourced American fare.

I had the Carolina Foliage Wheat which was pleasantly smooth with spice notes and a honeyed hue. Their beers are always changing with the seasons, and always have a lot of personality.

Don't let the brewery's name fool you either - if you aren't particularly fond of IPA's and other hops-forward beers (like me), know that there are always plenty of options you will enjoy.

I didn't take a tour of the brewery downstairs but I'm sure it's worth it for the true beer connoisseur.

Bring the kids. Bring the dog. This place is worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Wicked Weed Brewing

Reviewed October 26, 2013

If your looking for a great variety of local brews and good food this is the place. Downstairs has a nice atmosphere, but it seems to stay busy. You can get your brews at the bar fairly fast. I really enjoyed going and met some nice folks.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We skipped the dining section of the restaurant and went straight downstairs for their craft beer. Even though it was really busy, the service was friendly and prompt, and they allowed for tasting before purchasing the beers. It was a bit expensive, but there are free pretzels with mustard for the taking and the game of "cornhole" to be played by visitors. The atmosphere was really cool, which I appreciated most. Both indoor/outdoor seating and it seemed dog friendly.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Although I didn't eat here, I loved the atmosphere. We stopped for drinks (I got coffee) and sat out in the patio where there was a lovely gas fire pit. The coffee was good (the drinks were good I am told). The staff is friendly and it is a great place to relax.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My girlfriend just happened upon this place while in Asheville, NC. The atmosphere was great, the food was delicious, and the service was truly excellent. We sat at the "community table that's near the patio entrance so we made new friends with the people already sitting there.

I had the turkey sandwich, which was delicious, and my girlfriend had a salad, which she loved (can't remember which one).

They also make their own beer. I'm always initially leery about restaurtants that make their own beers because I'm a self-proclaimed beer snob, but they did a good job. I can't remember the name, but the one I had was hoppy and somewhat similar to Two-Hearted IPA.

On a weekday night when most of the neighboring businesses were either closed or nearly empty, this place was jammed so I'm guessing they're pretty popular.