“Very poorly prepared food.”

Shogun Buffet Hibachi Grill
Ranked #500 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The service was fine and attentive but the was the end of the good experience. The food is incredibly bland, hot and sour soup had no flavor at all. The chicken dishes were the same. Even tried the spicy chicken figuring it may have some flavor but not even that. Price is very good but it doesn't matter unless your just there to fill your stomach.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I decided to check out Shogun after reading the reviews saying it offers sushi, cook to order food, and has improved its restaurant. Regretably, while true that is "offers" these things, I wouldn't have accepted them if I had tasted them first. The cook to order meat is 60% fat and low low quality. Hibachi chicken was okay, but everything else is liked the typical Chinese food buffets in the part of the State. Everything sits out and is reheated and stirred around. Still no decent Chinese place for Asheville I regret to say

Reviewed November 19, 2013

It is a great asian buffet with a big varieties of food. Sushi and hibachi is my favourit part. I have tried all the buffet in the area, and it's still the best to me.
The best time to visit this place is launch, weekend and early dinner. The food may not be very fresh when it is late and they closing. This might be where the terrible comment come from, but it is the same for all buffet. And you can always ask them to cook fresh dishes when it is not.
The people there are really nice to me. I enjoy it so much.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our Family held our Family Reunion In Asheville NC on September 20- 22 and we dine at Shogun there were 50 People that ate their in our group and every thing was wonderful. the food was delicious, the staff was wonderful we had a wonderful time. They did not try to rush us out, made sure everything was ok. I recommend this Restaurant if you are in Asheville NC.

2  Thank Dorothy W
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love the Shogun Buffet, it is our go to place when we want delicious sushi and Chinese food. We've been more times than we can count. Tried the others and we keep coming back!
Food is fresh and plentiful. Sushi rice is awesome! The sushi chef is a sweet guy and the wait staff is good too. The lady at the cash register is a no nonsense kind of person and not rude.
The buffet is kept clean and fresh. The bathroom is clean and well equipped.
We love Shogun, and you will too.

1  Thank SueAnn7