“Beats Asiana but that's all I can say positive”

Shogun Buffet Hibachi Grill
Ranked #361 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Asheville, North Carolina
“Beats Asiana but that's all I can say positive”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I decided to check out Shogun after reading the reviews saying it offers sushi, cook to order food, and has improved its restaurant. Regretably, while true that is "offers" these things, I wouldn't have accepted them if I had tasted them first. The cook to order meat is 60% fat and low low quality. Hibachi chicken was okay, but everything else is liked the typical Chinese food buffets in the part of the State. Everything sits out and is reheated and stirred around. Still no decent Chinese place for Asheville I regret to say

• Visited December 2013

“Great place”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

It is a great asian buffet with a big varieties of food. Sushi and hibachi is my favourit part. I have tried all the buffet in the area, and it's still the best to me.
The best time to visit this place is launch, weekend and early dinner. The food may not be very fresh when it is late and they closing. This might be where the terrible comment come from, but it is the same for all buffet. And you can always ask them to cook fresh dishes when it is not.
The people there are really nice to me. I enjoy it so much.

• Visited November 2013
Fairmont, North Carolina, United States
“Dining At Shogun”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our Family held our Family Reunion In Asheville NC on September 20- 22 and we dine at Shogun there were 50 People that ate their in our group and every thing was wonderful. the food was delicious, the staff was wonderful we had a wonderful time. They did not try to rush us out, made sure everything was ok. I recommend this Restaurant if you are in Asheville NC.

2 Thank Dorothy W
Marion, North Carolina
“One of the Best in Asheville!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love the Shogun Buffet, it is our go to place when we want delicious sushi and Chinese food. We've been more times than we can count. Tried the others and we keep coming back!
Food is fresh and plentiful. Sushi rice is awesome! The sushi chef is a sweet guy and the wait staff is good too. The lady at the cash register is a no nonsense kind of person and not rude.
The buffet is kept clean and fresh. The bathroom is clean and well equipped.
We love Shogun, and you will too.

1 Thank SueAnn7
Canton, North Carolina
“Enter at own risk”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I and our child went there today for our first time. The food was not that good and the service was not good either.The food tasted so plane and not cooked good at all. They acted very snobbish and to get there attention you just about have to throw something at them. The servers and the people at the front where we paid where VERY RUDE and DISCOURTEOUS

2 Thank nagacity