“One of the Best in Asheville!”

Shogun Buffet Hibachi Grill
Ranked #398 of 780 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marion, North Carolina
“One of the Best in Asheville!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love the Shogun Buffet, it is our go to place when we want delicious sushi and Chinese food. We've been more times than we can count. Tried the others and we keep coming back!
Food is fresh and plentiful. Sushi rice is awesome! The sushi chef is a sweet guy and the wait staff is good too. The lady at the cash register is a no nonsense kind of person and not rude.
The buffet is kept clean and fresh. The bathroom is clean and well equipped.
We love Shogun, and you will too.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SueAnn7

Canton, North Carolina
“Enter at own risk”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I and our child went there today for our first time. The food was not that good and the service was not good either.The food tasted so plane and not cooked good at all. They acted very snobbish and to get there attention you just about have to throw something at them. The servers and the people at the front where we paid where VERY RUDE and DISCOURTEOUS

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank nagacity
Asheville, North Carolina
“Worse then terrible!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

DO NOT GO HERE! This place is NASTY! I can tolerate a lot, but never again this place! I am one of those reviewers that something has to be really bad or really awesome for me to take time to comment. This time, I felt like we were eating food off of "Survivor" or "Fear Factor" I'm not trying to gross anyone out but I literally spit the food back on the plate. The best part was the water and the fortune cookie. The meal was 25 bucks for 2! They offered extras like pizza, mac-n-cheese, quesadillas, rolls, which excited my hubs because he's not much on Japanese/Chinese....however they somehow managed to make all those disgusting too!! They never asked when they collected our completely full plates with little eaten food on them. When we were ready to check out, we were prepared to complain when asked "how was everything" BUT NO ONE EVER EVEN ASKED, she just grabbed our debit card, swiped and said have a good evening! GEEZ didn't even ask or say thank you! RUDE! RUDE! RUDE! DO NOT waste your money here! Please... run away fast!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank 29something
Henderson, Nevada
“Wide Variety of Choices”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went there today and saw fresh food ... a wide variety of choices that were good. The vegetables were not wilted or overcooked like a lot of similar buffets. The salmon was moist and delicious. I was so happy to see the ocean salad (seaweed) and the different types of sushi. There were so many choices that looked so good. I over-ate.

Japanese buffet name but run by Chinese. The staff was efficient and nice enough (very into their business). After patrons left a table, I could see a big mess on the floor (empty sweetener packets on the floor, lots of crumbs and assorted stuff). A staff member quickly swept up the mess ... someone is always cleaning up quickly.

My companion said dinner time is usually packed with people. We went after the lunch crowd and before dinner time ... had an eating feast that was relaxing. The best part is the price ... it was only $7.35 per person. We had hot green tea. It was brought out in a tea pot and we were charged $1.89 per person for the tea. I think the tea pot rendered about three cups of tea each. Good tea. Better than the tea bags.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KalihiKid65
Mills River, North Carolina
“something changed...dramatically”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Used to be named China Garden....changed to Shogun Buffet about a year ago+.....I'm a local and have patronized for 10 yrs+..they changed the name but the owners remained...and the owners ALWAYS seemed to be such nice folks.
The quality of the product went straight downhill. At the Hibachi Grill quite often the meat was still frozen in an apparent 5/7 pound "glob" with plenty of fat (which you could not separate). The accompanying vegetables were OK....only OK.
The "chef" absolutely refused to understand how you wanted your dish cooked. He COULD understand but chose not to do so. His attitude SUCKED.
Please remember, I have visited this particular location for 10 years.
Same nice owners.......BUT....I chose never to eat there again.
Customer service and edible food is kinda important to me even if I am a local and a college graduate....I'm not bragging on the latter....just wanted to say... ROLL TIDE !

Visited December 2012