“worth the drive”

Asheville Sandwich Company
Ranked #267 of 832 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: The artisans at Asheville Sandwich Company don't believe in cutting corners when it comes to building their specialty sandwiches. From their meats to their cheeses, they aim to use the freshest ingredients they can find from local vendors. They roast whole prime ribs, hand-patty every Angus beef burger, and make their own pickled vegetables, championing a DIY attitude that packs tons of flavor into their menu. They even hand-cut their own shoestring fries, which make a satisfyingly crunchy side for any meal.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped in after biking/hiking at Bent Creek, we are always looking for something not available around home when we travel and this place was a great find. We both had the italian sandwich and split an order of fries. We were not disappointed, the owner was really friendly and asked us about our trip. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My son lives in Asheville and when my wife and I visit we like to go to some of the local places he likes to eat. We liked this place. Very casual. Generous sandwiches. You won"t leave hungry. Fried pickles were excellent. Bread was very good. Sure beats fast food !

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Man wired location but it's like a fat kids paradise fries on the sandwich. I had the pork belly with pickled veggies mayo o-hot-dog it was so tasty and cheap great lunch spot. Will go back

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Ive been here twice. The bottom line is that their sandwich concepts and execution is a confused mess. The super skinny fries were super salty, awkward to eat and make up the vast majority of what you are paying almost $8 for. The extra sharp cheddar is overwhelming and just too bright (in taste). The sandwich I tried yesterday was the prime rib. I know prime rib is a fatty cut of meat, but what little meat there was, was more fat than meat. No thanks. My wife had the chicken salad sandwich and it had more pico de gallo on it than chicken salad. Not sure why there was pico on it anyway. They seem to think it goes with everything (on a shrimp po-boy!?). Anyhow, the food from this place just didnt cut it for either of us. Wont be back.

1  Thank DrexlerMcStyles
Reviewed August 15, 2013

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. the location is a pity because this sandwich shop should be the epicenter of asheville, north carolina. I devoured the prime rib which was smothered in cheddar cheese, caramelized onions and shoe string cut french fries. Don't be scared of the fries, they are so thin and delicate that they add just the perfect saltiness and substance to the sandwich. And it wasn't too heavy. Just the perfect amount to be satisfied! It was so delicious I went back the very next day and did it all over again. Needless to say, this $7.75 sandwich is worth that and SO much more. To top it all off they have lovely outside picnic tables. The service is quick, so friendly and warm! Don't wait, go support these great guys and make your stomach happy!