“Real cane sugar comes from Mexico ”
Review of Tacos Jalisco

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tacos Jalisco
Ranked #305 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Saluda, North Carolina
“Real cane sugar comes from Mexico ”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Great food and the staff actually speaks English as well as Spanish. I visited on a Sunday and it was really busy. Salsa was fresh and tasty.

Waxhaw, North Carolina, United States
“Week-end in Asheville”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

So last Saturday after a day of celebrating family birthdays...we decided to go out for dinner. My son David said we had to go to Tacos Jalisco's because his roommate had been raving about the food. We missed it the first time but finally spotted the restaurant In the corner of a strip shopping mall. When you first walk in....well lets just say the ambience is not much to write home about. Greeted by a lovely and friendly waitress we were escorted to their largest table in a small encove of a room. Probably a good thing....we are know affectionately as "the loud family" because we cut up, laugh and talk real loud...lol. So we ordered up some cold cerveza's and after looking over their extensive menu we ordered up an array of food...tacos, burritos, enchiladas, some seafood dishes and a vegetarian dish.... I have to say it was some of the best Mexican food we have had in a while! Family run atmosphere with friendly wait staff! . Like some of the other reviews I have to agree that the Tacos are the numero Uno. Item to order. Piled high with some great ingredients, fresh and tasty. I highly recommend this spot if you're looking for Mexican food in West Asheville. Hey, it must be good because 1/2 the patrons were Hispanic...always a good sign!
We'll be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Barry S
San Antonio, Texas
“More Impressed Than Had Anticipated”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I had heard that this was a West Asheville eatery that was worth a visit. It is not easy to find, has a small dining room and is extremely family friendly. The food is how I like it, meaning it is spiced to order. We both enjoyed the mixed (chicken, beef and shrimp) fajitas. The meat was cooked well and not over cooked in that way that is so typical of lower cost Mexican food places. There were little children enjoying themselves, but not in a disruptive manner. There are so many Mexican places around that each has something to offer, and this one struck me as the one for well cooked and not overly spiced meats. The prices are very reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Tacos & Beer”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The tacos are where its at. As I said in my other review, the other food we've had here has ranged from poor, to whatever. Yesterday the wife and I dropped in and got a couple cold mugs of Dos Equis' and a bunch of tacos; carnitas, pulled chicken and steak. The amount of meat they put in them is almost obscene. One taco feeds more like two. The flavors and textures of the various meats were all spot on and while I wasnt blown away by the salsa verde, the red one was SPICY. My wife had one of their tamales, which unsurprisingly, was just OK. Not much meat in there, or masa for that matter. The table salsa, which I had enjoyed on our other visits, tasted off. Like it had turned or something
So, Tacos, Bean & Rice, Beers. That is what I would recommend from here. Everything else is a wasted effort

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Converted to Jalisco and will never go back”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I used to be a Papa's N Beer girl all the way. Then my boyfriend and I tried Tacos Jaliscos. Best, most authentic Mexican food in Asheville. I always get the tacos al pastor and chorizo dip and he has experimented with most of the menu. The salsa is fresh and delicious and actually tastes like salsa and not marinara sauce, like I've experienced in other restaurants. Most underrated spot in Asheville. Also, the service is amazing: friendly and fast.

• Visited August 2013