“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had planned on eating breakfast somewhere else but the wait was too long, so we wandered around and happened upon Cafe 64. The breakfast was excellent. The food was all locally sourced, organic and very fresh. I particularly liked the house made sausage as it din't have the overpowering flavor that some sausages do. The restaurant was very clean, the service very good and had a very nice selection of music playing quietly in the background. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank RobinsRatings

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on a Sunday- very little seating. The servers seemed like they could care less about being there. Had the tune melt- came on two pieces of normal loaf white bread- taste was average. I feel like if they wanted to spice up the menu thy could have a neat place. Coffee was good!

1  Thank Pgaclay
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in here after walking around downtown. My meal was pretty good but never got refills on drinks or water. Small place with not a lot of seeing and only open till 3 on sundays...

1  Thank rachmeal03
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The limited overpriced lunch menu was worsened when one of the 2 choices of sides - potato salad -was unavailable due to- get this- a lack of potatoes. I had a tiny tuna melt which was ok but not worth $10. I was never offered a refill on my water and we were asked to leave so they could vacuum shortly after paying the bill and generously overtipping. There are too many decent restaurants in Asheville for this place to survive long.

2  Thank AVLlocaleater
Reviewed October 11, 2012

When this place was Cafe Ello the service and food was always great. When I first tried the new ownership they seemed a little disorganized but I wrote it off to them getting used to things. When I went for a 2nd try yesterday they had degraded to unacceptable. The fellow running the register was nice but clueless about how to use the register. He had to input each entry at least 5 times with values all over the place. He did this for each customer causing a long slow line. Now I called in 10 minutes before I went over there and the order was still not ready 25 minutes later. While I watched my food being prepped I saw the cook take food off my plate after it was nearly finished and put it on someone elses! Isn't that some kind of a food service no no? Anyways I will not be back.

1  Thank doug e