“Great fresh food. Friendly atmosphere!”

Isis Restaurant & Music Hall
Ranked #22 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine casual dining from 5pm to 9:30pm Late night menu available until midnight. Concerts and Live Music scheduled on a regular basis. Full bar, good wine selection, and 30 beers on tap. Family owned and operated.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We ate here with a good friend who lives 10 minutes away in West Asheville.
The place was not busy because it was late (for eating anyway) but the food was excellent and they had a good selection of local beers, and wine. It is so typically West Asheville, a little funky with pleasant and helpful staff who are attentive but laid back.
A great experience

Reviewed March 22, 2013

A new venue in a foodie town has achieved instant success with excellent food, upscale digs, and hosts who understand what it takes to make an evening special. 'Well done' in all aspects including entertainment, highly recommended!

1  Thank WillieAsheville
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I have now been to Isis a good half dozen times - sometimes alone, sometimes with friends, but always on Sundays when they have some of the best Jazz in town. We have dined there twice (once in the dining room, once in front of the main stage), and sat with drinks up on the gallery or a bar table the other times.

The restaurant / music hall has all those many spaces, which is really special, because a romantic dinner looks and feels very different from an evening with friends, or a drink & live music experience. If ever there was a "one space fits all" classification, this is the poster child.

In the interest of full disclosure, we so happen to like Jazz, but at Isis we have actually dared to bring friends who are only lukewarm on the music of the bebop era-- because the atmosphere is fantastic. In all of the areas we have sat you were actually able to carry on a conversation (not that you'd always want to, but you could). And by conversation I mean that you can talk in a way that doesn't leave you hoarse at the end of the evening :)

There seem to be different themes (musicians/composers) featured on the respective Sundays, and the Facebook page of the Sunday Jazz group lists what is coming up (we finally checked it out - it is really helpful to know what to expect).

Now for the food, which is beautifully presented and very yummy - I have had their delicious crab cakes and a special asparagus cream soup as appetizers, while my husband had the dumplings and a salad. Of the main courses we have tried the pork chops, the winter ratatouille, the steak, and a fish special (grouper). All of their regular offerings were spectacular, and I did enjoy the grouper, even if it appeared to have landed in the pepper pot and I should have taken off some of the encrustation so as to taste the fish underneath. The menu does a great job of offering fine dining options with just enough of that comfort food feel to satisfy both the gourmet and gourmand sides of me :)

I do want to mention that I have tried several of their different cocktails, as well as beers and wines and found all of their selections great matches for my food choice or drink hankerings.

3  Thank Ashevillebee
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had the shrimp and grits and it was the best thing I've ever tasted. The food was very rich but delicious. My daughter had the pork chop with mashed potatoes and she said it was also wonderful. The service was great and the atmosphere very warm and inviting.

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have not eaten dinner at the Isis yet but have been here twice for music. The first time was in the lounge upstairs. Cozy, intimate, well placed seating options. Full bar, and food may be ordered in the lounge. Great place to listen and relax.
Last night we saw Red June on the main stage. We sat in the balcony and even up there the sound was perfect.
The Isis is a unique and beautiful new venue for Asheville. The owners greet you warmly, the servers are friendly and attentive.

2  Thank Terry K