“Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chestnut

Chestnut
Ranked #12 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chestnut is an American restaurant. We are in a 1920s era building in downtown Asheville, right across for the Aloft hotel and the double decker coffee bus. Parking is plentiful (and cheap) at the public deck under the Aloft Hotel.
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

From the first taste of creamy lobster bisque we were pleasantly surprised with each dish that arrived at our table. The waiter was very attentive but not overly present. I would gladly visit again.

Tampa, Florida
“Exceptional service and great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We truly enjoyed the food. True to previous reviews the service was enjoyable and prompt, the servings large enough for two of us, and nothing disappointing.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Miami, FL
“Was underwhelmed by the service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I really, really wanted to love this place. Based on flavors of the food alone, I would have. But we waited 25 minutes for drinks for dinner on Saturday night (and the place was not busy), almost 30 for the bread basket that we ordered (not complimentary, but neither here nor there), and then when the entrees came, they were actually lukewarm. So disappointed. I am sure that it was an off night for them, and the ambiance is great - but I feel we wasted our one and only 'date night' in Asheville without the kids.

Visited July 2014
Loveland, Colorado
“Incredible Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm an unabashed foodie. I've had a catering business and actively seek out wonderful dining experiences. This is fine food at its best: locally sourced, uniquely prepared and served with flair. I ate their twice during my three day stay in Asheville, but I will review the dinner here.

The Rhubarb Sour was the perfect cocktail to being my evening--tart enough to whet my appetite. My friend and I wanted a lighter meal and they do offer a good selection of small plates. I chose the Risotto Balls on Lobster Fricassee and it was outstanding. Crispy fried balls of risotto with cheese and a sumptuous lobster enriched with cream. My friend has the small plate,of tenderloin of beef, mashed potatoes and haricot vert? Again, perfectly prepared..

Cary, North Carolina, United States
“A very nice, upscale restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent menu, 1/2 price wine on wednesdays and nice atmosphere. We walked in looking scruffy after a days wandering aroiund and they treated us very nicely.

Visited July 2014