“Great find!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Chestnut is an American restaurant. We are in a 1920s era building in downtown Asheville, right across for the Aloft hotel and the double decker coffee bus. Parking is plentiful (and cheap) at the public deck under the Aloft Hotel.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We popped in during a day trip to Asheville and loved it! The service and food were excellent. Energetic and attentive wait staff. Great wine selection. Great menu. We are so glad we happened upon this place and will definitely be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We tried Chestnut last night before a show at The Orange Peel and what a treat. Our server Jamie was attentive, gave solid recommendations and took great care of us all evening. The sweet potato curry soup was fantastic, the lobster bisque the best we've ever had-anywhere. The entrees were superb with my steak cooked perfectly and served hot. A Terrific wine list and the upscale but cozy physical space rounded out a great evening.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We love Chestnut, we've never had a bad experience which is why we continue to go back. This time we arrived early for a cocktail and Scotty the bartender suggested two amazing cocktails. Mine was a St. Germain, which was Gin based and out of this world (so good I had another) and my wife had a Cosmo, which was also delicious. Scotty was very friendly and knowledgeable about mixology and a great bartender.

We had to hurry through dinner as it began to pour the snow and we had to get a taxi back to the Grove Park. Dinner was great as usual, servers were wonderful and the atmosphere is comfy and non-pretentious. As I said, we've never had a bad meal here. Also, we are healthy eaters most of the time, and it is possible to get healthy and vegetarian meals here that are very tasty.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Wish I could remember her name. She had only worked there a short while. We ordered some unique drinks and she was very knowledgeable and attentive. Should we ever return to Asheville, this will definitely be a stop on our itinerary!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had an excellent experience this past weekend hosting a baby shower for 30+ people at this lovely restaurant. The event planner, Tammy, guided me effortlessly thorough the planning process. We had a menu of 8-10 lunch items that appealed to all of my guests. Tammy let me arrive 1.5hrs prior to the party to set up the baby shower decorations. In addition to having our own private room, I was equally pleased with the way in which she arranged the luncheon tables, the cake and gift tables. Our waiters, Casey and Shane, were friendly, professional and courteous. They never rushed us throughout the entire gathering, where we stayed from approximately 11:30am-2:30pm. They continued to be attentive and helpful even after the luncheon was over as we opened baby gifts.

Personally, I ordered the Portobello mushroom sandwich which was scrumptious! Other items that received rave reviews were the pan-fried catfish with collard greens, the fried calamari kale salad, and the Nut Gap Farms beef burger. The ambiance is modern and classy. I can highly recommend this venue for lunch or dinner, and more specifically, as a place to host a special occasion. Tammy was always responsive to my emails, and worked with me to perfectly create the special day that I envisioned for my beautiful friend. Everything turned out as expected. I couldn't have been happier with my experience at Chestnut.