“Very Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Chestnut is an American restaurant. We are in a 1920s era building in downtown Asheville, right across for the Aloft hotel and the double decker coffee bus. Parking is plentiful (and cheap) at the public deck under the Aloft Hotel.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went there for brunch with a gout of people. Restaurant knew in advance that there would be about 20 people. Service was mediocre, at best. Promised appetizer was never served. I had "blintzes". They served one tiny one WITH POTATOES! The person next to me had fried chicken--very greasy. And the cost was $17.00! No one in the group was terribly satisfied. Most said they would not go back. My husband, who was not there, personally gave the owner a letter from me expressing my dissatisfaction. No only was it never answered, when another member of our party saw an owner about 2 weeks later, he acted like he did not give a damn.

1  Thank Ashevilleguy7777
There are newer reviews for Chestnut

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Located across Biltmore Avenue from the Aloft, Chestnut offers a Sunday brunch. The restaurant was nicely arranged, and Sawyer, our server, was very friendly. That said, the eggs Benedict and fried chicken entrees we split were underseasoned and unmemorable, and tasted like selections from the senior citizens low salt menu.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Great brunch menu. Food was hot, cooked as ordered. Just a solid good experience. Nice dining room and bar- high ceilings, lots of light in front room.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here in December and we were blown away at the quality of food, service and atmosphere. The lobster bisque was extraordinary, entrees were scrumptious and the chocolate souffle was seriously to die for!! We were especially impressed with the menu prices - typically food this good would run $35 a plate but most entrees were $15-25. This place was awesome!!!!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I dined at Chestnut on Jan 26. The lobster bisque was deliciously sinful! Full of flavor and not over-thickened. The beet salad was also well balanced in taste and color. My salmon was perfectly cooked and fresh. If I get to return, I would be tempted to order it again.
I had the best pomeganet martini! All juices are freshly squeezed and it makes a difference.
We found the waitstaff to be friendly and helpful. Definitely worth a visit. If you do not have a reservation on the weekend, go early. it looked like they also did a good bit of business at lunch.