“Very good and attentive”
Review of Chestnut

Chestnut
Ranked #15 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Chestnut is an American restaurant. We are in a 1920s era building in downtown Asheville, right across for the Aloft hotel and the double decker coffee bus. Parking is plentiful (and cheap) at the public deck under the Aloft Hotel.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Great brunch menu. Food was hot, cooked as ordered. Just a solid good experience. Nice dining room and bar- high ceilings, lots of light in front room.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here in December and we were blown away at the quality of food, service and atmosphere. The lobster bisque was extraordinary, entrees were scrumptious and the chocolate souffle was seriously to die for!! We were especially impressed with the menu prices - typically food this good would run $35 a plate but most entrees were $15-25. This place was awesome!!!!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I dined at Chestnut on Jan 26. The lobster bisque was deliciously sinful! Full of flavor and not over-thickened. The beet salad was also well balanced in taste and color. My salmon was perfectly cooked and fresh. If I get to return, I would be tempted to order it again.
I had the best pomeganet martini! All juices are freshly squeezed and it makes a difference.
We found the waitstaff to be friendly and helpful. Definitely worth a visit. If you do not have a reservation on the weekend, go early. it looked like they also did a good bit of business at lunch.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Chestnut is owned by the same guys as Corner Kitchen in Asheville. Chestnut has wonderful food
and creatively prepared drinks. I chose trout with broccoli, arugula and potatoes. The trout was delicious but more importantly to me was the amount of vegetables that came with my meal.
For my dollar, I want my food to be both delicious and nutritious. My husband chose the mahi was equally pleased. We loved the pot de creme we had for dessert. We will definitely go back.
Chestnut has nice ambiance and excellent service.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hostess was friendly and seated us promptly in a casual clean setting. Sadly it was downhill from there.
Waiter was slow and inattentive even though the restaurant was only moderately busy.
Ordered tea, one pot hot, one pot cold, replacement pot lukewarm.
Had to ask to have menus and tea chest removed from our table.
Lengthy delay between placing order and getting breakfast.
Advised waiter we'd share a hot breakfast meal. Served on a single plate, asked for a second plate - when it arrived, the small plate was straight from the fridge!
One poached egg overcooked the other was undercooked.
Asked for a warmup on tea, again, one pot hot, one pot cold. Apparently the machine's fault.
Paid and left, never to return again!
Small tip was intentional...had I not left a tip the waiter might not have gotten the message.
Disappointing start to a new restaurant - it won't be around for long.