“Love this place for meditating, and the healing effects!”

Asheville Salt Cave
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a unique oasis, a salt enriched microclimate which allows the body and mind to gain relaxation, rehabilitation and balance. The power of salt therapy has been known for centuries to be beneficial in the treatment of respiratory ailments, cardiovascular issues, nervous system disorders, skin problems and digestive complaints. Come experience a special place for rest and healing. We offer massages, energy healing sessions, hot salt stone massages, and Aromatherapy Salt Glow service.
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love this place for meditating, and the healing effects!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I loooove this place! We always feel so rejuvenated after a session in the salt cave. I can feel the therapeutic benefits with each breath, and am breathing more deeply and efficiently by the end of a session. The cave is a relaxing environment, perfect for meditation, yoga, and just taking a time-out from everyday life. I was thrilled to take my newborn son in recently, knowing the numerous health benefits of the negative ions produced by the salt crystals.
My husband and I had purchased a salt lamp from Asheville's salt cave especially for taking to the hospital for the birth of our son. It's glow emitted such a calming presence in the room, and I felt reassured by the knowledge of it's purifying effects. This reassurance was increased when my son had to spend a week in the hospital NICU fighting a respiratory infection. We kept our salt lamp glowing 24/7 near his crib, and now that we are home, it glows constantly in our family bedroom. I am grateful for Asheville Therapeutic Salt Cave, as I feel that our salt lamp was one of the best preparations for our birth experience. And I look forward to many relaxing, rejuvenating, and disease presenting sessions in the cave with my family! Thank you Jodie, for bringing such a great service to Asheville!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Laura G
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our cave and your purchase of a salt lamp too. Congratulations on the birth of your son. AVL Salt cave looks forward to having you return for a visit. Thank you again for your rave review.

Black Mountain, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Healing Environment”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had been sick for a little over a week with upper respiratory issues before going into my salt cave session. I feel my session in the salt cave helped push me over into a place of whole health again. Thank goodness for this healing atmosphere!

Visited June 2013

3 Thank Vivian B
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
So glad that you had such a positive experience in the Therapeutic Salt Cave and that you are feeling so much better. Being that you live relatively close by I would hope that you will consider using the cave on a maintenance basis. Please be sure to tell your friends about your positive experience and we look forward to seeing you at AVL Therapeutic Salt Cave again in the near future.
Asheville, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Unusual and very relaxing!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to go try the salt cave one Sunday afternoon. It was extremely relaxing, and we both enjoyed it immensely. We will return!

Visited April 2013

2 Thank Molecularpenguin
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for visiting our Salt Cave and for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you had a positive experience. Word of mouth is the best compliment you can pay us.bWe look forward to seeing you next time you are in Asheville
Swannanoa, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My Healing Place”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Not only is SolA in the heart of downtown Asheville, it is one of the most amazing relaxation and healing spots in the area. The solitude of soft music, trickling water, and tons and tons of living salt brings peace to body, mind and soul. The peace and healing is instant and it lasts....

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Roberta B
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful words about our Therapeutic Salt Cave. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you back again real soon. Please tell your friends and family about us. Thank you again
Rock Hill, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Soothing and Therapeutic”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were visiting Asheville for a few days and I saw the brochure at our B&B for the salt cave and its therapeutic features. Since I was coming down with a cold we decided to give it a try. Well....the 45 minutes spent in the cave was very relaxing, my husband even fell asleep in his lounge chair. The flowing water, calming music and dim lights is a perfect atmosphere for reflection in this busy world. I was also breathing easier after the session.
I'm sorry that we are three hours away. I would make this a weekly routine.
We also bought a salt board. Cold it's wonderful for cheeses and if you cook on it it adds a salt flavor to your meat or vegetables. A not to be missed adventure if you are in Asheville.

Visited November 2012

2 Thank traveler22281
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our Salt Cave. We are delighted that you had a positive experience and look forward to seeing you next time you come to Asheville. Please don't keep us a secret...tell all your friends about us and your experience. Thank you again