“Excellent for a Special Occasion”
Review of The Dining Room

The Dining Room
Ranked #91 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Main restaurant of the Inn on Biltmore Estate
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Asheville on our honeymoon, and this was the perfect restaurant to celebrate the occasion! Yes, it is expensive, but the food, the service, and the atmosphere help making your wallet lighter a little less painful. The servers are extremely nice and the food is not only absolutely delicious but is also presented beautifully; you can tell each piece is carefully crafted before being presented to the customer. The view from the windows are breathtaking as well. They even surprise you with a sweet message on your dessert plate if you tell them you are there for a special occasion! Wonderful experience overall.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great place and wonderful menus let down by kitchen being prepared to let a meal go to table which wasn't as requested

2  Thank dandave
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been to The Dining Room at the Biltmore Estate several times, usually to celebrate our anniversary. In the past they really made no effort to recognize this event, even though we had mentioned it to them when making the reservation. Things have really changed...and for the better. What was a good experience has been elevated to a great one. While our table (with a fantastic view) was not ready, they offered us a glass of champagne while waiting. Once seated, our server, Hank, let us relax before asking us for our choices. We began with a special pomegranate Martini (and I do not drink Martini's...but this was delicious). The menu had just changed two days prior to a Prix Fixe menu - 3 courses for $58 or 5 for $85 - we chose the 3-course meal. We each had a delicious appetizer - I had pork belly, my wife had corn anglotti (something with crab in it). Our entrées were wonderful...more than enough food (usually on this kind of tasting menu, that's all you get) to satisfy us. My halibut was delicious and my wife's Tasmanian Salmon was also outstanding. For dessert, my Key Lime cheesecake and my wife's Chocolate Tart were both great. And, during dessert, they gave us more champagne. We felt special and the entire staff did a wonderful job in making us feel like this was a very special night.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Breakfast buffet is excellent. Dinner even better. Well worth the money to enjoy this meal and ambiance! Make this one a priority when you visit Asheville.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Fixed price menu with 3, 5 or 7 choices. The app plates are wonderful flavors, but very small. We chose 3 and did okay, but my husband ate a lot of the delicious breads, too. I think he would have been happier with 5. It is expensive! I miss the old menu, but was glad I got to try some of the new dishes. My husband said his Diver Scallops were the best he has had. Service is great! Waiter is attentive and professional.