“Quaint Asheville Tea Room”
Review of chelsea's cafe and tea room - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
chelsea's cafe and tea room
Cuisines: American
Lutz, Florida
“Quaint Asheville Tea Room”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had shopped at Chelsea's in the Biltmore Village several times in the past, and we often walked through, but had never tried the tea room. A lot of tea rooms have shops inside, but this one somehow seems more like a shop with a tea room inside. I believe they had expanded the tea room since our previous visit, but it still seemed a little cramped for our party of 6. The decor is quite well done, the food is good ( the dessert portions are huge). and the service is great. Chelsea's in the Village is a nice place to have tea and lunch in a beautiful part of a wonderful town.

• Visited January 2013

New England
“A true tea room”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stopped here for lunch before going to tour the Biltmore estate, in part because the line at the Corner Restaurant across the street was just too long. I had a very nice salad and my companion ordered soup and a half sandwich. I think my salad was more successful than my friend's lunch, but both were good, if a bit pricey.

NC
“Cozy place with tasty food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We go lucky and just walked in without a reservation for Sunday brunch and got a table for 3. We beat the crowds at 11:30. The gravy biscuits with fruit were enjoyed by my sons and I enjoyed the quiche and fruit. The service was very good too!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Tea Room with oomph.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a late lunch at Chelsea's and were thrilled with the food and the service. Not only did they have an excellent choice of teas, but the soups and sandwiches were outstanding, and the service fast and efficient.

Danville, Ky
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The tea room was charming, and the food was delicious. My only complaint was the ratio of sweet and savory. I was expecting more sandwiches, but the sweets outweighed the savory.

Visited November 2012