“Different menu items.”
Review of chelsea's cafe and tea room - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
chelsea's cafe and tea room
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Another good lunch in Biltmore Village. The menu items were different & interesting. We both tried something different and now have some new ideas to cook at home.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My friend and I were shopping in the Biltmore Village when I got a text from my bored husband who had wandered off to Chelsea's Cafe and Tearoom. He and my friend's husband had stopped for a glass of wine and were seated at an outdoor table. We joined them for a glass of wine and decided to have a light lunch. My friends splt a chicken-apple salad. When the first plate of salad arrived, they were happy with the size of the meal. Then the second plate of salad arrived. The server knew they were splitting the salad and had brought in two half orders. The salads were quite large. And, apparently, delicious. My husband and I split a chicken club sandwich with kettle potato chips. Again, two plates arrived and the portions were large enough for two people. Our sandwich was excellent. We enjoyed sitting out at our table on a sunny November day. The service was good and we were able to linger over our meal and wine. A lovely end to a half day of shopping! We did not, however, take the time to explore their gift shop. Perhaps we can on another visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I love this place because of it's delightful atmosphere. A real "tea shop" with a small dining room and a retail section with great items for gifts. The menu is limited and perfect for a light lunch or tea/coffee and pastry.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at Chelsea's. She had the chicken and apple salad and I had the sweet potato pancakes. Both were delicious. The desserts looked homemade and fantastic -- but we were too stuffed after the meal to have room for a 6" tall slice of cake. Friendly, quick and helpful staff.

Afternoon Tea sounds like a great experience to savor -- alas, it's every day BUT Sunday -- and guess what day we were there??

We'll be back ...

2  Thank NCWorldTraveler704
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We tried to get into the Corner Kitchen, twice, but it was always mobbed. This place looks like little old lady heaven, a tea room for pete's sake, but we loved it both for lunch and brunch. Great shrimp salad, sweet potato pancakes, egg and bacon sandwiches, and pastries to die for. And they serve tea in this elegant old fashioned tea pot -- lots of different varieties.