“Not in France?”
Review of Creperie Bouchon - CLOSED

Creperie Bouchon
Cuisines: French
Description: Crepe Bourree located in the heart of downtown Asheville, NC is a modern, casual French Bistro with both indoor and outdoor seating. The menu features French inspired dishes prepared with fresh, seasonal, and local ingredients. Handcrafted specialty cocktails and a select list of wines and champagnes to complement our creative cuisine. Crepe Bourree serves gluten free crepes, fresh seafood and steaks, sandwiches, salads and home-made desserts.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice little courtyard in Asheville. A little difficult to find, but well worth the effort. Had a wonderful lunch. Very European atmosphere, ya'll. Three different crepes were ordered, and all enjoyable. Nice place to get away and sit without the hustle bustle of the city.
Here on a wonderful October day, not so sure if there would be enough moving air in the heat of the summer. Will give it a try though, when we return in the heat of the summer

1  Thank DublinIslanddreamer

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place is a little hard to find, but worth the effort. The entrance shows some outside wooden seating and some stairs, which lead to a nice patio and a small interior with a few tables. It was after 9pm when we arrived, but they were humming.

The menu isn't vast, but the crepes are interesting and everyone is splurging on the excellent frites. It's about 9pm on a Saturday night, but the staff is still great. We order the frites and 3 different crepes and 2 glasses of house wine. The house pour is generous and reasonably priced.

The crepes are all gluten free and quite good and large. Our friendly waitress told us they used a gluten free mix available locally. I had a farm-to-market and my son had a ham and swiss. Both good, but a little sauce would have been nice - I think I'm old school crepe. Spouse's special, which was sauced, rocked.

We odered the banana and nutella dessert crepe and it was awesome. The bananas really shone.

There is nothing fancy about this place, but it is a great alternative to the usual things. I would go back anytime.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I both had the Toulouse Crepe and it was very tasty. Our friends had the escargot, french fries and I'm not sure what they had for entrees, but they seemed to enjoy it all. They are the ones who suggested the restaurant because they enjoy it so much.

The courtyard setting was very pleasant and the service was a bit slow, but friendly. I would go back, given the opportunity.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Cute little courtyard and good service. My salmon crepe was just not good at all. They say it is cured on sight but the texture was strange in the middle. My wife's smoked trout salad was dry with big chunks of onions.

The waiter worked hard to please us and I appreciate that. To be fair they took my crepe off the bill.

Maybe it was a off day. We all have them.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Labor Day weekend visit to this city, looking for a place that was dog and people friendly that served good food. We found it!
The outdoors area was roomy enough yet cozy. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful with food selection and made our 2 very well behaved dogs welcomed (water bowl, attention and a bit of bacon).
We enjoyed a wonderful bottle Alsatian wine along with French onion soup (robust, properly cooked onions, deliciously cheesed), apple, beets walnut salad and mussels with tasty pomme frites. The mussels were small but flavorful.
Of course, we had to try the crepes special, coffee infused crepe with peach compote -yum!

1  Thank CarlosGLibra