“Average food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #278 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, North Carolina
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The food was average for breakfast. Nothing very exciting. We had to ask to be seated elsewhere since they tried to seat us in a very crowded area with a very small table. The restaurant was no way near full. Seems they tried to keep customers together so wait staff didn't have to go to far. The store section was over priced.

Visited February 2013

Taylors, South Carolina
“Fast and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

There was no wait on a Sunday at 11:30. WOW!! The food was as expected and our waitress "Shaylay (I think)' was fast and friendly

Visited January 2013
“Almost as good as granny's home-cooking !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

When I want some good reasonably priced grub can't beat the Barrel ! Some of the best grub in town you can't wrong ! They have in my opinion they have the best veggies & the best chicken n dumplings bar none almost as good as my grandmothers & that's saying something !!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Very Disappointed in the Service, Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I are both from Middle Tennessee and live within a 20 minute drive of the corporate headquaters for Cracker Barrel. Needless to say, we've been eating at Cracker Barrels on a regular basis for 30 years. This by far had the poorest service of any one Cracker Barrel that I've eaten at in years. While we were seated upon arriving, the wait began. It didn't take too long before our drink orders were taken but we did have to wait a few moments for our actual waitress. We were clear in what we wanted and she indicated she's only been working there a month. That really wasn't the problem. The problem was the wait for the food. I started to notice that folks that were seat before we arrived still didn't have their food after 20 or more minutes. I drank a full cup of coffee before I was offered a refill, and another two before the food arrived. When it did, my husband's fries were not cooked long enough, my eggs were a little undercooked and I was given bacon instead of the turkey sausage I had ordered. Due to the long wait, I didn't send the order back for correction and just ate the bacon, which was very good. Normally with Cracker Barrel's, a manager will generally ask you if your food/service was ok-this didn't happen either. Perhaps it was a day where too many cooks called in sick. If not, this place has lots of room for improvement.

• Visited August 2012