“Great food”
Review of Strada

Strada
Reserve with OpenTable
Strada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I came in to find shelter from the rain and discovered a wonderful place for tasty ,hearty, Italian food. Very informative waitstaff. Cozy atmosphere, I sat at the bar at the front window,enjoyed food and people watching. The ravioli was a treat.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were visiting Asheville and met friends here for dinner. With the myriad of restaurant choices in Asheville we were disappointed they wanted Italian. We shouldn't have been. Everything was first rate and original in presentation and preparation. The server was very knowledgeable and helpful. She knew their wine list and offered a great recommendation. Go to Strada for a special italian meal.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I had a nice dinner at Strada. I enjoyed the Ricotta dish (something like Gnocci only made with ricotta. They offer a choice of smaller portions or larger. This was great because I usually can never finish my plate especially when I try apps. Which by the way were great. Figs wrapped in bacon were the highlight of the meal. Homemade ranch dressing was delish. Bit pricey when all is said and done. 52 bucks for 2 apps, 2 salads and 2 small main course pasta dishes

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Asheville has a broad choice of dining establishments, and Strada is on the more family friendly and low key end of the spectrum (not a crowded hipster joint) which is a great option once in a while. I had lunch at Strada several months ago and really enjoyed it. That meal involved very yummy Pizza, friendly environment, and great service, so I talked my husband into going back for dinner last night. Unfortunately, our meal was terribly disappointing. After saying how much I looked forward to Peroni on tap, the waiter came back to inform me that they were tapped out. Oh well. On the food front, things started out well, with a delicious fig stuffed with goat cheese appetizer. Our entrees, however, were a let down. My Chicken Piccata was wildly over salted, with a sauce that was a little bit gooey. The dish promised to be egg battered, which helped to explain the presence of a thin, over cooked scrambled egg substance that was so distasteful that I peeled it off to eat the chicken. My risotto was just fine, and helped to quell the salt. My husband did not fare as well as I did, and found the Chicken Scarpariello to be so unpleasant tasting that he left most of it on the plate. We opted out of desert, and both of us left the restaurant feeling urpy. So many restaurants in Asheville are cooking from very fresh natural ingredients. There's a certain taste to food like that, and you feel great after eating it. This meal was not one of those experiences. I'm unsure when or why we'd go back.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was the first place we ate on our visit to Ashevile and we were not disappointed. We had the Garlic White Wine Mussel's (delicious), Chicken Marsala (delicious), and Shrimp Scampi (subbed for Chicken - also delicious!) We couldn't eat any at the table, but took a piece of Italian Cream Cake back to the hotel with us (delicious). You see a trend, right? :) Go try it for yourselves!

1  Thank OnlyOneLoLo