“Went for dessert”
Review of Strada

Strada
Reserve with OpenTable
Strada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 799 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went there late night for some dessert after a meal somewhere else. We had visited on the Eating Asheville Food tour and wanted to return. The Carrot cake was awesome, but the deconstructed cannoli was absolutely THE dessert of the trip.

There are newer reviews for Strada

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We live an hour from Asheville and travel there frequently to enjoy the many culinary options. Although it is difficult to pick a favorite among so many fine eateries, my husband and I both agree this is our new favorite! Every time we travel to the city, we find ourselves drawn to this unbelievable eatery. From the incredible fresh breads, the flavorful sauces to the delicious wine selection, we just can't bring ourselves to eat anywhere else!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Nice restaurant, but a bit more casual than I had anticipated. I'm not sure why another reviewer said this place was pretentious. We didn't find it so at all.

We ordered two different appetizers with the intention of sharing. We had Arancini (fried risotto balls) and the Pesce Fritto. The risotto balls were fantastic; we loved them. The Pesce Fritto was just like regular fish and chips, so I was a little surprised at that. The serving size of the Pesce Fritto was pretty big. If you weren't too hungry, you could probably just eat that alone and be fulfilled. As it was, my husband wasn't able to finish his entree because of the ample size of that appetizer.

For entrees I had the Scorfani and he had the catch of the day. Both were prepared just right. Our server was personable. She conversed with us, but she wasn't intrusive. There was no long wait, the food was good, I recommend visiting.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had some company from out of town so we decided to try this place. A nice surprise! I had the shrimp scampi, very tasty! The others also enjoyed their meals. The only downside was that it was a little warm upstairs where we were sitting.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our server was great but...
Appetizer; Calimari was obviously precooked as it was served fried but cold about 30 seconds after we ordered it. Cold and very chewy.
After the appetizer, the waitress apologized because the kitchen was running behind. Strangely enough, we were served shortly after that. We had the grilled swordfish and steak with scallops specials. The food was absolutely ice cold. Not warm, not room temperature but cold. The scallops on my steak were like they were just taken out of the refrigerator. One of the sides for the steak must have been Swiss chards but they were so tough there was absolutely no way to eat them. So be warned, you may get a good meal at Strada or you may flush $100 down the drain like we did. We will NEVER be back.

1  Thank Kenny K