“Great Italian”
Review of Strada

Strada
Reserve with OpenTable
Strada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 799 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went to lunch last week. Love their pizza special. You will definitely have left overs. Nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

There are newer reviews for Strada

Reviewed December 30, 2012

There are so many good restaurants in Asheville, including Italian that there should be no excuse for mediocre food. Pass on this one.

1  Thank MountainMaven
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Anthony always a great host- and fab food! Service always wonderful and dining always a great experience - try their calamari special and their holiday Italian treats!!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

What should have been a great meal experience turned out to be not-so-great. I arrived at 9:15 pm, after the sidewalks of Asheville had been rolled up, just in time for the restaurant's 9:30 pm kitchen cut off. I was welcomed but sat five minutes before a staff person arrived. It was a waiter who basically plopped the menu down without saying much of anything. OK, I thought, they're pissed because it's late and they want to go home. Above another five minutes later a waitress cheerfully greeted me and took my drink order. It arrived in good time and was just what I needed -- a great cocktail.

The waitress prided herself on being "trained in fine dining." My appetizer -- figs stuffed with goat cheese wrapped in prosciutto, delicious! -- arrived quickly by another wait staff person but was pretty sloppy on the plate. I took my waitress' advice and ordered the mushroom lasagna. It came out within a few minutes before I had dug into my appetizer, obviously a rush job to get me outta there. I asked her to keep it warm in the kitchen until I was ready, only several minutes. She happily complied.

When it did arrive again it was lukewarm at best. For $17 a slab of lasagna should be pretty darned good. It wasn't at all. Not only was it borderline cold, it was a heaping mess of cheesy mush with a mushroom here and there. I sent it back to be warmed -- she was courteous -- and it returned with a lava layer of melted mush. I ate half of it, utterly disappointed. She seemed surprised that I did not want to take the rest home.

The menu is very attractive. I fear, however, how much care is put into the food. If my experience was typical, I would say these good folks had better be more attentive to details.

I'll give it another try another time, and earlier in the evening.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was a great find. We had just arrived in Asheville and needed something filling and warm to eat. Everything came in a small or large porition, which was perfect. The soups were fantastic. The environment was warm and inviting. We really enjoyed this meal.

2  Thank courtneyh165