“Worth a Visit, Even Just to Look”
Review of Grovewood Village

Grovewood Village
Ranked #7 of 195 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Grovewood Village is housed in the historic weaving and woodworking complex of Biltmore Industries, adjacent to Omni Grove Park Inn. Our 11-acre property, celebrating its centennial this year, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and includes Grovewood Gallery, working artist studios, Golden Fleece restaurant, the Biltmore Industries Homespun Museum, and Asheville's only antique car museum. PLEASE NOTE: Our 2 museums are closed during the winter months of January - March. Grovewood Gallery and Golden Fleece restaurant are open year-round. Free parking is available on-site.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Grovewood Gallery has some amazing pieces by very talented artists of all kinds. The wood furniture and paper art pictures display the talent and creativity that go into the work by the artists. I purchased a tiny kaleidoscope necklace which is mesmerizing to look through. The place has unique gifts for yourself or someone special on your list.

We did visit the car museum and it is worth a short walk through to see old vehicles in mint condition, but the gallery is the real attraction.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I could spend days here going from room to room and building to building. Quality crafts abound. Don't miss this one for sure if you are traveling here or are a resident. There is a little restaurant adjoining that is wonderful as well.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Small museum wth some great old cars. Plus some interesting shops nearby and a great cafe close by also.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very nice collection of cars and local art. Art is is little pricey by local artist. The handcrafted furniture is very unique.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I always visit the Grovewood whenever I'm in Asheviille, and I've even gone out of my way to travel to it when I'm in the area. There are fabulous galleries in Asheville (which is THE center of fine crafts in the south, maybe the entire east coast) but this is my favorite. The stunning handcrafted furniture upstairs always makes me long to be wealthy, and I can spend hours downstairs perusing the jewelry, pottery & ceramics, woodwork, glass, metalwork, fabric and other amazing items. If you think "crafts" means cheap, then you may think the prices are high, but for the quality of the pieces, the prices are actually quite reasonable. Around the gallery there are wonderful outdoor sculptures and garden pieces that are fun to look at, so don't miss those. (I have never been to the car museum -- would rather spend my time at the gallery!)