“Awesome museum on wheels”
Review of The Flying Bike

The Flying Bike
Ranked #1 of 70 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: See Asheville the best way possible- by electric bike! Get up close to the must-see spots, meander down beautiful greenways, catch stunning views, and get recommendations for your stay from our stellar local guides. Electric-assist bikes make Asheville’s hills easy and fun. Kids 12 and under ride FREE! Tours offered daily, departing from our downtown location. Electric bike rentals also available!
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Torin was a great guide. Our stay in Ashville was completed with this tour. Torin was full of Ashville knowledge and was super cool, and will direct you to the best eating spots. If they did the Appalachian Trail, trust that they make your riding experience enjoyable. If I come back to Ashville I will be looking forward to see their next tour lineup. Best Wishes to next season. Book the Tour and have fun!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Torin K, Owner at The Flying Bike, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! It means so much to me that you felt this tour completed your stay in Asheville! I love this city, so it's very humbling to me to be such a big part of someone's experience here! Asheville is such a great place that it makes my job of sharing it pretty easy! Electro Bike Tours is planning a new tour route for this spring, so please come back and ride with us again! Thanks so much for the well-wishes!

All reviews
"the grove park inn"
in 23 reviews
"great guide"
in 21 reviews
"hilly terrain"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 9 reviews
"an absolute"
"fun facts"

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went on this tour our first full day in Asheville. It was lots of fun, we learned a bit about the city, and found out what do, where to eat, etc for the duration of our trip. To get a bit more of a work out we set the bikes to the lowest setting and got a bit of needed exercise. The tour guy was very knowledgeable and had interesting stories. Highly recommend!!!

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review and recommendation! I love that you rode with us on your first day! It's rare that I get people wanting the extra exercise. I always promise not to judge either way, but way to go for it! It is a nice option that the bike settings can be tailored to the ride that you feel up to. I've discovered that by riding every day, I'm definitely getting a lot of exercise even in the higher assist settings. Electro Bike Tours is planning to roll-out a new tour this spring so please come ride with us again next time you are in town!

Reviewed October 27, 2017

My wife and I had a great time on the bikes. Pedaling was so easy, even on the uphills. We saw many parts of the city and our guide really helped us understand the history, architecture and culture of Asheville. We will definitely do it again.

Date of experience: October 2017

Thanks so much for your review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed learning about the history, architecture and culture of Asheville while on your ride! We definitely have interesting things to share about all three in abundance! In fact, I keep learning new things that I want to share and have to figure out where to fit it all in! Electro Bike Tours is rolling out a new tour this spring, so be sure to check that out when you come back to town!

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Torin is a a great guide and the electric bikes are the way to go when exploring the hilly city. We had a great time seeing all the best attractions and learning interesting historical facts about Asheville. Torin also had some great restaurant recommendations!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for this excellent review! I'm glad you enjoyed your ride and tried some of the restaurants I suggested. To be honest, it's pretty hard to go wrong recommending places to eat in Asheville! We have some of the best places to eat anywhere in the world as far as I can tell! I usually work up some pretty serious cravings by the time I'm done telling people about all my favorite dishes! Electro Bike Tours is planning a new tour route this spring and some of those restaurants may even be on the ride, so please come back and ride with us again next time you are in town!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2017

My husband and I took the tour with Torin our last full day in Asheville. We had been spending days in the mountains and wanted to see some of downtown and Asheville before we left. Torin was a fabulous tour guide and knows so much about Asheville. We would have not seen, nor even been aware of, the Grove Park Inn if we hadn't done this tour. Loved the electric part on the hills! Would highly recommend. We developed an interest in the Appalachian Trail and discovered that Torin and his wife thru-hiked the AT 11 years ago. Was fun learning about his experience with that adventure as well as learning about Asheville while biking.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for such a thoughtful, in-depth review! I love to hear that you discovered parts of Asheville that you wouldn't have otherwise known about! The Grove Park Inn is definitely a gem! I don't always bring up my Appalachian Trail experience, but it's always fun to talk about when someone is as interested as you were! Likewise, I love learning about my guests' experiences and adventures since I don't get out as much as a parent of two. Electro Bike Tours is planning an exciting additional tour route for this Spring, so please come ride with us again!