“Electric Bikes Are Cool”
Review of The Flying Bike

The Flying Bike
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.00*
and up
Guided Electric Bike Tour- Sweeping Historic Tour...
Ranked #1 of 68 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: See Asheville the best way possible- by electric bike! Get up close to the must-see spots, meander down beautiful greenways, catch stunning views, and get recommendations for your stay from our stellar local guides. Electric-assist bikes make Asheville’s hills easy and fun. Kids 12 and under ride FREE! Tours offered daily, departing from our downtown location. Electric bike rentals also available!
Reviewed October 23, 2017

We really enjoyed the tour. Learned a ton about Asheville and helped us get our bearings for the layout of downtown. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Torin K, Owner at The Flying Bike, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! I am always happy when our tour happens early in someone's stay in Asheville because I try to help orient them to the city and all the wonderful places and activities it has to offer! I usually have more to recommend than people can actually do in one stay, but Asheville is just that great! Electro Bike Tours is rolling out an additional route this spring, so please come back and see what else our little mountain town has to offer!

All reviews
"the grove park inn"
in 23 reviews
"great guide"
in 21 reviews
"hilly terrain"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 9 reviews
"an absolute"
"fun facts"

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Had never ridden an electric bike. It was fun and very helpful going up the hills of Asheville. Kelvin, our guide, was friendly and knowledgeable. He gave us good instructions about riding and interesting information about the city. I'll come back and do this again. And maybe rent one of your bikes for a day ride.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for this excellent review! I'm so glad that you had such a great ride with Kelvin, and it's truly hard to find anyone friendlier or more knowledgeable about life in Asheville! If you come back to town, please check out the exciting new route that Electro Bike Tours is planning for this spring. We look forward to riding with you again!

Reviewed October 22, 2017

We had a terrific time on our bike tour in Asheville. We were amazed at how easy the assisted pedaling made our trip up and down the hills. It was a glorious day to be out enjoying the sights and our guide was full of information he shared at each stop. We would recommend it for any age. You can ride with no assist, medium assist or lots of assist-- totally fun even for me and I was celebrating my 75th birthday that week.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for the excellent review! I love that you are still riding at 75 and that you had an easy time up and down the hills of Asheville with our bikes! You point out one of my favorite features of electric bikes, that they make riding accessible to so many more people of all ages and abilities! It is such a joy to see the empowerment that people feel when they first try an electric bike and realize that they can go places that they couldn't before! Electro Bike Tours is planning to roll out a new tour this spring, so please come back and ride with us for your 76th birthday!

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Thank you so much to Torin our guide for providing my mom and I with a super fun and comprehensive tour of Asheville! For starters, if you are looking for an eco-friendly all encompassing tour of the city of Asheville, without the tenuous physical strain of a traditional mountain bike tour, then look no further! The electric bikes that Electro-Bike tours provides are super user friendly and seriously make take the challenge out of the mountain terrain of Asheville. As a native of Asheville, I have to say that I learned quite a few things about my town from Torin! All in all, I would definitely recommend this tour to locals and newcomers to the town alike! Awesome tour!

Date of experience: October 2017

You are so welcome! Thank you for this awesome review! It was a pleasure to ride with you and your mom, and it means so much to me that you chose our tour as a way to spend time together while she was here! I'm so glad that you had a good time and learned more than you already knew about Asheville. I am constantly discovering amazing new things about our city and am always excited to share them on our tours! We are planning to roll out a new tour this spring, so the next time you have someone in town please ride with Electro Bike Tours again!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Torin is hard working, down to earth and very engaging. We totally enjoyed the tour. A great way to see part of Asheville, and learn some of it’s history. We are so glad we joined you, thank you Torin!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

You are so welcome! Thank you for riding with me and for writing such an amazing review! Reading such kind words and knowing that you had such a great time means so much! I always hope to have a powerful connection with my riders, so it is extremely satisfying when I find out that I did! Electro Bike Tours is rolling-out a new route that will foster even more ways to connect with us and with Asheville, so please come again next time you are in town!