“Great experience!! Definitely recommend it for any age!”
Review of The Flying Bike

The Flying Bike
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.00*
and up
Guided Electric Bike Tour- Sweeping Historic Tour...
Ranked #1 of 68 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: See Asheville the best way possible- by electric bike! Get up close to the must-see spots, meander down beautiful greenways, catch stunning views, and get recommendations for your stay from our stellar local guides. Electric-assist bikes make Asheville’s hills easy and fun. Kids 12 and under ride FREE! Tours offered daily, departing from our downtown location. Electric bike rentals also available!
Reviewed October 22, 2017

We had a terrific time on our bike tour in Asheville. We were amazed at how easy the assisted pedaling made our trip up and down the hills. It was a glorious day to be out enjoying the sights and our guide was full of information he shared at each stop. We would recommend it for any age. You can ride with no assist, medium assist or lots of assist-- totally fun even for me and I was celebrating my 75th birthday that week.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Torin K, Owner at The Flying Bike, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thanks for the excellent review! I love that you are still riding at 75 and that you had an easy time up and down the hills of Asheville with our bikes! You point out one of my favorite features of electric bikes, that they make riding accessible to so many more people of all ages and abilities! It is such a joy to see the empowerment that people feel when they first try an electric bike and realize that they can go places that they couldn't before! Electro Bike Tours is planning to roll out a new tour this spring, so please come back and ride with us for your 76th birthday!

All reviews
"the grove park inn"
in 23 reviews
"great guide"
in 21 reviews
"hilly terrain"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 9 reviews
"an absolute"
"fun facts"

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Thank you so much to Torin our guide for providing my mom and I with a super fun and comprehensive tour of Asheville! For starters, if you are looking for an eco-friendly all encompassing tour of the city of Asheville, without the tenuous physical strain of a traditional mountain bike tour, then look no further! The electric bikes that Electro-Bike tours provides are super user friendly and seriously make take the challenge out of the mountain terrain of Asheville. As a native of Asheville, I have to say that I learned quite a few things about my town from Torin! All in all, I would definitely recommend this tour to locals and newcomers to the town alike! Awesome tour!

Date of experience: October 2017

You are so welcome! Thank you for this awesome review! It was a pleasure to ride with you and your mom, and it means so much to me that you chose our tour as a way to spend time together while she was here! I'm so glad that you had a good time and learned more than you already knew about Asheville. I am constantly discovering amazing new things about our city and am always excited to share them on our tours! We are planning to roll out a new tour this spring, so the next time you have someone in town please ride with Electro Bike Tours again!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Torin is hard working, down to earth and very engaging. We totally enjoyed the tour. A great way to see part of Asheville, and learn some of it’s history. We are so glad we joined you, thank you Torin!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

You are so welcome! Thank you for riding with me and for writing such an amazing review! Reading such kind words and knowing that you had such a great time means so much! I always hope to have a powerful connection with my riders, so it is extremely satisfying when I find out that I did! Electro Bike Tours is rolling-out a new route that will foster even more ways to connect with us and with Asheville, so please come again next time you are in town!

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Thanks, Torin for a wonderful afternoon touring Asheville! Your professionalism, kindness, patience and knowledge were unsurpassed! You have truly found your calling with the bike tours. Your love of Asheville is so evident.
The electro bikes are awesome! So easy to maneuver and operate,
We will definitely be back next time we are in Asheville. I hope to hear that you will pursue the food tour! Thanks again,

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Wow! You are so welcome! Thank you for such kind and humbling words! Your review really means a lot to me! I hope that you are right that I have found my calling, and knowing that I connected in such a strong way with my riders means the world to me! I do love Asheville and keep finding more that I want to share! To that end we have been working hard on our new tour for this spring and I believe Electro Bike Tours will continue to create powerful experiences for everyone that rides with us! Please come back and see us again!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I took this tour as a part of a solo trip. It was a wonderful combination of healthy activity, sight seeing, history lesson. The bike was extremely easy to use and the hills of Asheville were quite easy to tackle. Torin was an excellent guide and I highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting a closer look at Asheville with a knowledgeable guide.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review and recommendation! I'm so glad you enjoyed so many aspects of our tour. We definitely strive to give people a fun ride while they learn a little bit about what they are seeing in Asheville. There's certainly a lot to discover! We are rolling out a new tour this spring, so I hope you will come back and experience even more our wonderful mountain town!