“Perfectly Delightful!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Moonbeam Bungalow
Moonbeams Sweet Grill Out Area! :)
Moonbeam Kitchen- New AC/Heat unit installed above fridge
Inside of Moonbeam
'Moonbeam' Kitchen
Moonbeam Bunk
Inside of Moonbeam- Handmade bunk bed:Queen on top/Full on bottom
Inside of Moonbeam
Candle Burning Fire place inside of 'Moonbeam'
Inside of 'Moonbeam'
Spiral Staircase in Moonbeam, up to loft longe/ bathroom area
'Moonbeam' open bathroom area in Loft
Loft Lounge- Upstairs
Courtyard
walking out back to fire pit area
Fire Pit Area
Outback Fire Pit Area.
Satellite Bungalow- inquire here or see our separate listing for more pics/info
'Satellite' Bungalow- Add on or rent separately. see our separate listing
Front Entrance to the Satellite Bungalow.
Satellite Bungalow
Starry night at the Bungalows
Magic Rick Hammock
Get your HooP ON :)
Parking Area
Driveway- steep but paved (no need for 4X4)
The Moonbeam Bungalow -
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

“Perfectly Delightful!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the smaller of the two bungalows - the Satellite Bungalow

This little cabin in the woods is a perfect forest getaway! We followed the directions – and arrived on time. I’ve read the other reviews – about the cabin being hard to find. If one really pays attention to the directions given – it’s not hard to find.

The cabin is piece of art in my eyes. Visually pleasing from the outside – with the different angles, wood and either river rock or a limestone: It all mixes well. Even a wonderful little peach tree adorns the front of the cabin.

Privacy wasn't an issue for us. We had the space to ourselves for most of the trip. When people showed up to stay in the Moonbean bungalow - we all introduced ourselves - and continued on.

If you’re like me and have watched the movie Deliverance, one too many times, the woods might spook you. No need to worry here. I was impressed with the quality of the security enforced front door. Ain’t no one getting in. Security windows and backdoor as well: You’re safe.

The cabin is small and cozy. Decorated with high-end finishes – and organic art. The space is laid out well – because it’s small – a lot of thought went into utilizing each nook and cranny!

The bed was comfortable – and had high-end bedding. We really appreciated that after a long day of hiking and waterfall gazing. The claw-foot tub was a huge plus. Being a bath kind of gal – it was heaven. Soaking, while looking out the window and seeing nothing but green and hearing a breeze in the trees was meditative. My boyfriend prefers to shower – so he was pleased there was a shower attachment.

I would have to say the highlight of our stay was morning coffee by the fire pit in the backyard. Dogs running around – sniffing and exploring to their hearts delight, while we read our books and sipped the fresh brew that was provided for us. Birds – woodpeckers and the fresh scent of nature. Couldn’t ask for more.

Grace, the cabin owner – was nothing more than kind, helpful, friendly and available for questions.

Would I recommend this cabin to others? Oh, Hell yes! I would recommend this unit to those who enjoy nature – while staying in comfortable, cozy cabin. Because of the close quarters – two adults that like each other very much – and a couple of dogs can stay in complete comfort.

Plenty of things to do – National parks are everywhere. Asheville is a 20 minute drive away. I loved my stay and would return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Morning coffee sitting around the fire
Liked least: couldn't stay longer!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Reviewed August 3, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Jay K
Stuttgart, Germany
“Lovely”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife, son, dog and I stayed at the moonbeam bungalows for 4 nights. We came to hike. We booked the smaller of the two bungalows and when we saw the larger of the two, we called the owner and she was incredibly kind and accommodating, allowing us to move into the other bungalow (much more appropriate for a family). We loved the location as it was close to many hiking trails, as well as asheville. During our stay we were alone until our last night there. Others have complained about parking, but so long as everyone is conscientious-parking is no problem whatsoever. No awkwardness at all.
The bungalow was stocked with natural cleaning products, organic soap and shampoo, organic tea etc. My wife, who is into that kind of thing loved this aspect of our stay. Plenty of glasses and dishes-kitchen is well stocked. Linens and towels however, were not. 4 towels for 3 people for 5 nights was a challenge for us. Things were clean enough that we felt comfortable, but i will agree with another reviewer that caretakers could maybe do a little more. We will certainly be back, but will be bringing some extra towels for sure. Don't miss this cool little place.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Not enough linens or towels, could have been cleaner.
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Jun 27, 2014
Thanks for letting me know guys! I really appreciate your feed back and have sent this review over to my caretakers so they can be a little more detailed when they are cleaning. Thank you for staying at Moonbeam Bungalows & Hope to have you back to stay soon :)
WNC
Reviewed April 6, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Jul 11, 2014
Hi there!
I wanted to respond to this review and first say thank you for your input and honesty - First and foremost, I really enjoy guests taking their time to write about their bungalow experience, as I am always trying to make them better suited for everyone to enjoy! By way of a brief e-introduction, I am Grace, the not so local (at the current moment) owner. I lived in WNC for 8 years and needed to see some other mountains for a bit, so I headed west to sunny Colorado, and have been here almost 2 years. While I do not reside full-time in NC, I do make it a point to come back often to work on my never-ending art project, Moonbeam Bungalows.

I have a lovely family that caretakes the property for me and an awesome maintenance man who can fix just about anything- I have passed this review on to them as well. My entire team and I want each of our guests to have the best experience, so we thank you again for your suggestions! Even though I may not be on the property, I am just a phone call away while you stay, and my caretaker and maintenance man's numbers are posted in each Bungalow, should you need anything at all, do not hesitate to call!

We will be sure to try and do a better job at keeping wood and charcoal stocked, but this is not always a guarantee nor promised to our guests upon registration. We ask for your help too. Though we do try to have some charcoal and wood for guests, if you do use supplies on-site, we kindly ask that you please pick up some to replace what was used or make a note to the caretaker if you have used the last of anything so we don't over look this and can replace it ASAP. If you notice the wood is out, let us know and we will try to bring you some right over!

Since I just made a trip to the Bungalows for the month of May working on projects, I wanted to be sure and point out that I've amended some of these "Shared Space Issues." I haven't had too many complaints from guests that stay when both units are occupied. Guests who have actually stayed there with other guests, typically tell me that they either didn't even run into the other guests, as they were off doing their own things on different schedules, or they made new friends and in no way minded a conversation or two and some shared amenities. I like to think everyone who stays at Moonbeam Bungalows already have something in common and are super cool :)

But that being said, I too saw the need to create some more "Separate Spaces" especially now that business has been picking up and both bungalows are getting rented out more often:

**Most importantly: THE HOT TUB, I can't agree more with this review and I don't know what I was thinking when I put it right in front of the Moonbeam Bungalow - hindsight is always 20/20. It wasn't easy but we did it- 4 of us picked that baby up and moved it to the other side of the courtyard, nestled under a tree there. So it is not 2 hot tubs but... come on now, that is just silly, hot tubs are pretty expensive to buy, run and maintain - I feel lucky to have 1 at the bungalows for guests to share or take turns using!

*2 New Grill Areas, yes one for each bungalow- park style charcoal grills to keep it funky- one is located in the courtyard and one is out back by the fire pit. No one will ever have to wait on a grill now or share it- each bungalow comes with their very own Sweeeet grill :)

*Breakfast Nook- The satellite has a nice, new private lil' breakfast nook outback so they can go out and enjoy organic french press coffee in peace.

*Picnic Table area- outside of Moonbeam they can grill in peace right outside their door. Or if you do say "hi" to your neighbors, I imagine everyone grilling together drinking beer and being merry!

*Curtains-Has been on the project list for a while, but as you will notice, most everything is handmade at the bungalows and that takes time... all the same, I hauled my trusty sewing machine along with 30 yards of burlap to NC with me. Now each bungalow has more privacy curtains, which is nice and necessary if i do say so myself.

Okay, so we also managed to get some other spring projects and updates done too- (in a nut shell)- landscaped the outback fire pit area, mulched everything we could, planted new plants, painted everything I could get my paint brush including a bunch of mushroom garden statures that my boyfriend and I made here in CO. And heck since it was hot when I was there, I went all out and hooked the bungalows up with ductless AC and heat, YaY! So it is not as "rustic" of a mountain experience as it used to be, for the better I hope :)

*NOTE: a lot of times you will have the property to yourselves but we do not guarantee this unless you make this arrangement prior to your stay- if you would like to ensure that there's no one renting out the other bungalow- call me to figure out how we can be sure you have your ideal mountain experience. Or have your friends or family rent out the other bungalow - both parties will receive a discounted "both bungalow" special rate :)

Check out the new pics here on Trip Advisor, but also on my Facebook page where you can see the projects in action!

"Like" Moonbeam Bungalows for special deals and discounts- we SO appreciate your help in spreading the word!

Moonbeam Bungalows will be in the upcoming july/august issue of Mountain Magazine, out of Colorado- under best places to stay for mountain bikers! YAY!! If you love to mountain bike, our Bungalows are an ideal destination for you!

And always remember to write a review, who knows I may just hop in my car and head that way to fix your issue personally! Or maybe you had a great time and just want the world to know- either way I appreciate your feedback and take it seriously to say the least. Much Love and Happy Travels!!
Winston-Salem
Reviewed March 24, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
GVW628
“Cozy, secluded bungalow”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

My husband and I staying the the smaller Satellite Bungalow. We loved how cozy and secluded it was. The courtyard with hot tub between the bungalows was wonderful, especially because the larger bungalow wasn't occupied so we had the whole area to ourselves. We would love to come back with a group of friends and rent out both bungalows.

Jessica L
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cute private Bungalow gettaway”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 for a stay in December 2013

My husband, two pugs and I recently stayed for 2 nights in the Satellite Bungalow. It was a nice weekend gettaway we had in order to do Christmas together early, as our schedules were to prevent us from spending actual Christmas day together.
This bungalow is comfy and cozy and we really liked it. We had no issues with the WiFi, had a little cell coverage. Some movies to watch (we did watch one) and a very cute bathroom. The electronic keypad on the door was great and so easy to use, especially in the dark rain! Some little paths carved into the hillly woods behind the place that you can walk up/explore. I do wish I had booked earlier and gotten the larger of the two bungalows, because with Christmas presents and dog crates, we were a little cramped in the smaller space. Alas, this is no fault of the place itself, maybe I could've planned a little better on my part. Also on this particular weekend, it rained and poured the whole time, so again - no fault of the bungalows' but I would make sure you are going to have some nicer weather if you are headed here!

I'd love to give the place 5 stars but there were just a few things I'd mention..

Cons:
- The bathroom has a bathtub, but technically is not a shower. It DOES have a detachable shower head/hose, but unless you are hand-holding it, there is nowhere to attach it above your head (and I wouldn't want to do so and make a mess with the water, as the tub is not enclosed). As a female, I love baths! But my husband does not.
- Behind the main door there was a sign that said Towels for Hot Tub with a hook, but there were no towels here. (I didn't want to use the nicer bathroom towels for going into the hot tub)
- Parking is a little tricky - both us and our Moonbeam bungalow neighbor had trucks and the space at the top of the driveway was jussst big enough for both. Once you are up there and there is another car parked, you may not be able to turn around - meaning you have to back down the steep driveway backwards (and on this particular weekend, in the rain!)
- Our neighbors for the weekend were quiet and peaceful which was great, but I'm pretty sure they did not pick up their large dog's poops in the common area at all - both nights I stepped in dog poop that did not belong to my pugs (we are very diligent about scooping poop), meaning I was fumbling around outside in the rain trying to get my boots off and then had no place outside that had cover from the rain to leave them.

Thanks again for the stay. Just wished we had better weather! (Can you tell I'm still mad about the rain? :) )

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing