WINNER WONDERLAND

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Troy, Ohio
“Paris in Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stopped in for something sweet. Everything looked amazing. I had a dessert and coffee. Later the same nigh my husband and three friends were back. What can I say? It was good enough that I had to have seconds! The coffee was great as well!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Asheville NC
“Extraordinary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well into their second year, the Donatelli's have proven that all the early raves were well deserved. In my opinion, this is probably as fine a bakery as I have ever frequented (and I have been lucky to visit many throughout the world). From their croissants to their incredible cakes, the quality of all they do is outstanding. Soon to have breads available, I doubt that anything you purchase will be a disappointment.....but if it's croissants you're after, best get there early or they'll be gone.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Asheville
“Best Birthday Cake EVER !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stopped in Karen Donatelli's shop in Asheville for my birthday and had the most delicious cake EVER !!! It was a dark chocolate rasberry torte cake, with fresh chocolate dipped strawberries, and fresh blueberries and raspberries surrounded by a dark chocolate sauce and raspberry sauce. The cake was TO DIE FOR !!! It made my day. The Donatelli family has made us feel like family every time we're in there......It is an honor as well as a pleasure
to have them on our neighborhood's block. Abby and I love you guys!!! If you live in or ever
visit Asheville, NC .... you MUST stop in this place. Simply the best !!!

• Visited April 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Wow! Delicacies as delicious as they are art to the eye! In a hard-core food town, Karen Donatelli impresses those with the highest standards. Don't miss this shop!

• Visited November 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Donatelli Bakery creates a tasty and uplifting confidence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My first stop in Asheville for the Small Plate Crawl lands me with a possible Internship with Karen and her Husband. Both Baker's have attened classes at The Culinary Institute of America in New York. Karen and the girl behind the counter we're very friendly, and open to tell me about the business. The dessert I enjoyed during my visit consist of three seperate Pastries. The first an Almond-Raspberry-Pistachi mini-cake which had a delicate cloud texture and great flavor combination. The second dessert is a Cherry-Brandy Tart which did have a slightly harder crust, but amazing flavor profile. Finaly, my personal favorite, a caramel chocolate mousse to die for!

• Visited February 2013