“Donatelli Bakery creates a tasty and uplifting confidence” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Asheville, North Carolina
“Donatelli Bakery creates a tasty and uplifting confidence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My first stop in Asheville for the Small Plate Crawl lands me with a possible Internship with Karen and her Husband. Both Baker's have attened classes at The Culinary Institute of America in New York. Karen and the girl behind the counter we're very friendly, and open to tell me about the business. The dessert I enjoyed during my visit consist of three seperate Pastries. The first an Almond-Raspberry-Pistachi mini-cake which had a delicate cloud texture and great flavor combination. The second dessert is a Cherry-Brandy Tart which did have a slightly harder crust, but amazing flavor profile. Finaly, my personal favorite, a caramel chocolate mousse to die for!

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Shedlight

Asheville, North Carolina
“Beautiful and top quality pastries...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

As good as anywhere in Europe. You will not be disappointed! The brioche are delicious. Her cakes are beautiful works of art.

“Excellent Catering!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Attending a symphony fund raiser today (Feb. 18, 2013 ) we were presented a wonderful lunch. The croissants, quiches , tarts and petit fours were big hits with the crowd. When we were told that they were made by Karen Donatelli , most everyone there admitted we were regular customers of her cafe and bakery.
We eat there weekly and believe she is the best baker Asheville has to offer.
Bon Appetit !

greenville, sc
“The real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is awesome, last trip to asheville we made our first visit in by chance to get out of the cold... we will 100% be back. We ordered an eclair that was incredible, very delicate and delicious, & we had some excellent coffee - haven't had a latte that perfect in a long time. The only thing you will regret by dropping in this place is that you don't have more calories to spend on all the tasty looking tarts, pastries, and cakes. Equipped with an awesome atmosphere, chefs hard at work in traditional cooking jackets and hats, and beyond excellent food makes this place a "can't miss" establishment in my book!

WNC
“great pastry, so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stopped here for a pastry and coffee one day last week with my 10-month-old. I was waited on initially and got my order and then was ignored the rest of the time. The couple at the next table was offered coffee refills which were brought to their table, but I was not, nor I was acknowledged when I left. There were other customers there but it was not especially busy. Perhaps it was not the place to go with a chatty baby but I have to say that this kind of service really irks me.

• Visited January 2013