“Beautiful and top quality pastries...”

Karen Donatelli Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #5 of 25 Bakeries in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Asheville, North Carolina
“Beautiful and top quality pastries...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As good as anywhere in Europe. You will not be disappointed! The brioche are delicious. Her cakes are beautiful works of art.

• Visited February 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent Catering!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Attending a symphony fund raiser today (Feb. 18, 2013 ) we were presented a wonderful lunch. The croissants, quiches , tarts and petit fours were big hits with the crowd. When we were told that they were made by Karen Donatelli , most everyone there admitted we were regular customers of her cafe and bakery.
We eat there weekly and believe she is the best baker Asheville has to offer.
Bon Appetit !

greenville, sc
“The real deal!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is awesome, last trip to asheville we made our first visit in by chance to get out of the cold... we will 100% be back. We ordered an eclair that was incredible, very delicate and delicious, & we had some excellent coffee - haven't had a latte that perfect in a long time. The only thing you will regret by dropping in this place is that you don't have more calories to spend on all the tasty looking tarts, pastries, and cakes. Equipped with an awesome atmosphere, chefs hard at work in traditional cooking jackets and hats, and beyond excellent food makes this place a "can't miss" establishment in my book!

• Visited February 2013
WNC
“great pastry, so-so service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stopped here for a pastry and coffee one day last week with my 10-month-old. I was waited on initially and got my order and then was ignored the rest of the time. The couple at the next table was offered coffee refills which were brought to their table, but I was not, nor I was acknowledged when I left. There were other customers there but it was not especially busy. Perhaps it was not the place to go with a chatty baby but I have to say that this kind of service really irks me.

• Visited January 2013
“Stepped in out of the cold...”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Basicly stepped in to escape the cold and warmed up with tea and pastries. Beautiful cakes and deserts...great hot tea. Love this place.