“Buche de Noel!”

Fairview, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buche de Noel!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A Show Stopper! I just discovered Karen Donatelli Cake Designs this weekend when her Yule Log was served at a friend's dinner party. Tremendous food and drink at this event but this dessert was still a major topic of conversation and delight! Artfully done and absolutely delcicious, I wish my phone had recorded a better picture, but the photo I have will not do justice. Congratulations. I cannot wait to visit your shop!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank yogamatt143

NC
“Best bakery, desserts and customer service in Asheville!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I visit Karen Donatelli Cake Designs regularly. It is centrally located with a lovely ambience.

Its cases are filled with a wide variety of yummy pastries and desserts. They're always fresh and are so perfectly presented. My favorite treat is the fresh fruit tart. I'm addicted!

This is the perfect place to kick back solo, with family/friends or to have a friendly business meeting at.

Vinnie is a sweetheart who provides impeccable customer service. Easily, Karen Donatelli is my favorite cafe/bakery in Asheville!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rasja
Asheville, NC
“Without doubt, the best of asheville”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Donatelli is the best pastry chef in Asheville. She is innovative and her pastries are fresh and a piece of art. Asheville is lucky to have a person of her ability.

• Visited June 2012
Southport, North Carolina
“Exquisite desserts and coffee”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The chef at Donatelli is amazing. She creates the most BEAUTIFUL desserts and they taste as good as they look. I felt like I was eating the pictures in a fine food textbook......they are that pretty!
Best choice I made was Tiramisu and the service makes you feel like a princess or prince being served the finest sweets on earth. Please don't miss it in Asheville, NC

Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Incredible desserts, presentation and unmatched customer service!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife spent her birthday weekend in Asheville with our daughter-in-law and grandson. I wanted do do something special since I was not there and called Karen Donatelli's, based on a recommendation from the hotel staff. Karen personally discussed with me available cake options and offered recommendations, went into great detail to make sure I got the cake I wanted, and sent me text message with photos of the cake when it was finished (incredibly beautiful dessert). Her assistant even called me to let me know it had been delivered to the hotel room. Although I personally did not get to taste it, my wife said it was unbelievable.

I typically do not write many consumer reviews, but if my experience is indicative of the product and personal service they provide, this is an exceptional bakery committed to complete customer satisfaction. Thank you Karen and company!

• Visited September 2012