“A wonderful respite in downtown Asheville ...”

Karen Donatelli Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #5 of 26 Bakeries in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This wonderful Parisian-inspired bakery is amazing! I got a croissant and a slice of a fig tart to bring home. The croiassant was fabulous ... light and crispy and delicious. The fig tart was the perfect ending to an evening meal. I only regret that I haven't had the time to stay and enjoy a coffee and a pastry. The atmosphere is peaceful and very French. Definitely worth a try!

1  Thank localfoodluvr

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This relatively new cafe/bakery (opened spring '12) already takes the cake for being the best in town!!! The best croissants in town!

And her cakes are very elegant looking, btw. Order for your formal event!

Her staff was also Very Helpful and Courteous, and the service was with a Radiant Smile!)

(My only complaint is that she doesn't have a baker's dozen! (That's been going on since the Middle Ages!!)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

i can't say enough about this jewel of a bakery. It is without a doubt the best service, pastries, food or espresso. The showcases are visually loaded with the most beautiful pieces of art, and they taste even better! I moved into an apartment down the block and cannot think of a day that goes by that I don't think about going in there and buying the place out!!! It is that good. I pray they never leave our neighborhood. We love you guys!!!

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We ordered a German Chocolate birthday cake for my father in laws 80 th birthday. It was ready as promised and absolutely divine! It came covered in chocolate covered strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Everyone loved it. This is a truly exceptional bakery!!

2  Thank seallen76
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stopped for breakfast we were walking to somewhere else but when we passed their window we stopped. Boy am I glad we did, this was the best Latte I had all summer, and I don't like regular coffee so I drink alot of latte's theirs was top notch. The fruit tart I ate was fresh and large, it had some kind of almond crust it was amazing, my husband had chocolate petit fores with a rasberry filling which he enjoyed and said was very good. I am sure my tart was better but to each his own. Good thing I was on vacation because if it was local I'd be there every week. While we were there a local was telling us the cinnamin rolls are to die for and he rations himself so he won't go there too often. Enjoy