“I love Edna's!”

Edna's of Asheville
Ranked #593 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“I love Edna's!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Edna's of Asheville's serves creative and delicious snacks and beverages often made from local ingredients. The ambiance is kitch 50's diner enhanced with a few really comfortable couches. The food is great (try a fresh fruit smoothy!), but I love the waitstaff! They always greet me with warmth and humor - they've got pizazz and personality, and clearly enjoy working there. We meet as a group of friends there every Saturday morning and I follow it with a walk around nearby Beaver Lake. All of this makes for a great morning. As I said, I love Edna's! Thanks folks, for creating such a warm, inclusive and inviting environment; we appreciate you! Luz Rosengren, Asheville

• Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
“seriously, guys?”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

So this was my first visit to Edna's, but not to the location, which has housed several equally disappointing coffee shops over the years. The service was beyond awful/awkward/ridiculous. I had to wait forever to even place my order (with squirming toddler in tow) with NO LINE. I was told my name would be called then waited forever for our food/drinks to come up. nothing. went back up to the counter to buy my child her second banana, then I watch our food being brought to the table? see my smoothie sitting on the bar, ask if said smoothie is mine to which too old to work at a coffee shop girl replies "I've been calling and calling..".. are you sure you don't mean whispering? I was sitting less than 10 feet from the counter.. then my friend has to go BACK up to retrieve his coffee. The employees don't know their a$ses from their elbows, as per usual. I wouldn't go back to this coffee shop if they were handing out 100 dollar bills at the door. LAME. oh, and no highchairs. All adults were once children.... just wanted to point that out.

2 Thank ksadnc
Asheville, North Carolina
“Wonderful Edna's”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love Edna's! Food is delicious and reasonably priced. Coffee and tea are excellent, and the staff is friendly. This is truly one of the most welcoming places in Asheville. I'm comfortable running in for a quick lunch or pulling out my laptop and getting a lot of work done. There is nothing hurried about this place. It's all homemade goodness. And Mike, the owner, is delightful!

• Visited May 2013
“Must have hired the snooty baristas.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went there for a cup of coffee and felt likes we were putting them out, by ordering coffee and tea in a mug. No nice greating, just ''next person''. Felt like I was being glared at by the staff. They used to have more friendly folks working there. If you don't like waiting on people you should not be in this business. I've been in hospitality for 23 years and realize you have good and bad days but I'd say the people working today need a bit of customer service training.

• Visited April 2013
Sapphire, North Carolina
“Cute Place!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went there for breakfast yesterday, and had the sausage egg and cheese english muffin. I know..... I could of had that McDonalds right up the road, but the difference is, this wasn't soaked in grease. It was nice to have a breakfast sandwich minus the grease. Breakfast isn't my favorite meal, but my husband likes to eat first thing in the morning, so I did too. I didn't feel all heavy and yucky afterward, I actually felt really good, so YES I would go back there again.
They also have wifi, and a nice selection of coffees and teas. You can sit by the nice fireplace and socialize, or enjoy the quiet space to do your computer stuff.

Visited March 2013