“Terrific Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Tyler, Texas
“Terrific Hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at the inn. What a great place. The views were outstanding, the rooms great and the service excellant. It's a real plus to stay here as you get access to all the Biltmore property. The inn is still close to downtown Asheville so it is accessible to everything you would want to do. We did not eat at the property, however there is a restaurant accross from the main enterance (the name I can't recall- its like Reazza) that is great. There is also a Starbucks and a bagel place just outside the entrance that is good for breakfast. I would strongly recommend you eat at least one dinner there. The hotel provides very personal service and the rooms are well maintained. I highly recommend this place.

• Liked — very high quality
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank boydpc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
IL
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids. Everyone had a wonderful time. The hotel was spotlessly clean and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and eager to help in any way they could. It was a great experience. We visited the area during the month of March and the place was not that crowded. The Land Rover driving school and the outdoor activity center are located right next to the Inn. We were able to walk over there and enjoy the activities. The kids had a blast and we all came back with nothing but excellent memories. I will recommend this hotel strongly for anyone looking for a great atmosphere to spend a wonderful time with the family or friends.

• Liked — Extremly clean Hotel. Best value for your money!!!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank R_C_IL
Malibu, California
Reviewed March 24, 2007

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend stay at the Inn at the Biltmore; a solo celebration that exceeded my expectations.
The staff at this property are outstanding. From the first people you see (the Bellmen, who also serve as Valets,) the Front Desk Personnel, The Concierge (whose services I used on multiple occasions during my short stay), the wait staff, gift shop attendants - EVERYONE makes you feel like you are the Inn's most important guest!
Some high points of my triip:
Afternoon Tea was lovely;
The Biltmore Estate (I spent two days on three tours) was the most fabulous historic home I've ever seen;
Horsebackriding on the Estate = AMAZING
Dinner at REZAZ Enoteca was one of the best Italian meals I've had in years.
A Lomi Lomi Massage at the Inn

A wonderful weekend, a wonderful Inn, an amazing city -- I will return to Asheville!

• Liked — The impeccable service by every staff person I encountered
  • Disliked — The 11am check out time
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank MalibuCastoway
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2007

From the moment we arrived at the gate to the estate we were treated kindly. Every member of the staff that my husband and I encountered displayed a wealth of knowledge about the property and surrounding area while maintaining utmost service. I consider myself to be "regular folk" and am sometimes leary to tread in the 4-star range. Nothing to fear at this establishment. The staff made sure that I felt more than comfortable and I suppose if you wanted to be stuffy they would treat you as such. I can't wait to return and neither can my husband.

• Liked — The staff was unbelievably accomodating to every need.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank OnlyChild29
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed February 19, 2007

If you want to have a royal fantasy romantic getaway book a romantic get-away package at the Inn on Biltmore. My husband and I went for a Valentine's get-away. This is the way to experience the Biltmore Estate. The other packages are wonderful as well. After touring the Biltmore castle we were swept away to the Inn feeling like we were personal guest of the Vanderbilts. The Inn is very elegant and the staff give cheerful attention to every detail. It was wonderful to cozy up next to your loved one by a fire with soothing classical music playing in the background. To walk down a wide staircase and make an entrance into the lovely Dining Room for a elegant meal and be handed a rose by the waiter for a classy touch to the end of a elegant Valentine dinner. We were given the grand king room on the 7th floor with a beautiful view at night of the lights flicking on the mountains. We gazed at these while sippiing our Biltmore champagne which clearly set the mood for a romantic evening in my own fairytale. I can imagine that it is breathtaking to be here in the spring or fall with all the wonderful places to sit and enjoy the fresh air and views on the veranda or sit inside at one of the library window seats or enjoy all the wonderful outdoor activities they have to offer. Bravo to the Inn on Biltmore. We hope to return again soon.

• Liked — location and elegance
  • Disliked — my wirlpool bath experience, it was messed up and I reported it so it will be fixed.
  • Stayed February 2007
5 Thank sunrise8
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 13, 2007

We stayed here for our anniversary and we were very pleased! We booked the best grand suite - the Cecil - on the top floor, which was extremely nice and luxurious. We ate at The Dining Room, their fine restaurant, for all evening meals and we were very pleased with it. I had a massage, which was great, and my husband and I had an afternoon tea in the library area, which was extremely nice. I have no criticisms at all of this hotel and we will return sometime. The staff works hard at taking good care of their guests.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelbugbigtime
Atlanta
Reviewed February 13, 2007

We recently held a college reunion weekend at the Inn on Biltmore Estate and had a great experience. The hotel itself is very nicely done... lots of comfortable places to talk and hang out in the lobby, nicely decorated, easy access (one of the fastest elevators I've ever ridden), etc. But the service is what really impressed me. Everyone from the front desk personnel who helped us book the weekend, to the valet parking staff, to room service, to the concierge were absolutely top notch. All very friendly, all very patient, all very customer service oriented. We cannot say enough great things about the staff service. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in Asheville!

Stayed February 2007