“A wonderful hotel”

Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Lexington, South Carolina
“A wonderful hotel”
Reviewed December 26, 2005

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Inn on Biltmore. Having read some of the reviews here at Trip Advisor, we were not sure what to expect, especially since this was winter time.
We were extremely happy with all aspects of our stay. It met and exceeded expectations for any hotel. The Inn was beautiful and tastefully decorated for Christmas. The staff were exceptional and very professional. Our room was exceptionally clean with very warm decor. The furnishings and draperies were top notch. You could definitely spend a lot of time in your room. The colors were soothing and warm. The bathroom was very large with generous marble throughout. The view was majestic. You could spend an afternoon reading and looking out at the mountains and blue sky. Parking was very easy with the Valet ( however you CAN self park if you would like). Your vehicle is stored in an indoor heated garage. Very nice to receive your car warm on a winters morning.
We had no problems at all with the shuttle and so glad to have this amenity. The shuttle will take you to any number of points of interest on the estate. The drivers were extremely courteous and provided some narative while driving us around the estate. Guests at the Inn on Biltmore are taken right to the front door of the Biltmore House. No waiting in any lines. Preferential treatment is given to Inn Guests throughout the Estate. You can buy tickets to any activities at the Consierge desk.
We had dinner in the Dining Room at the Inn. Advance reservations are recommended. We made our reservations a week before arriving and had a lovely table by the fireplace. Food was outstanding as well as the service. A very memorable dinner. We also had breakfast in the Dining room which offered a buffet. Wonderful breakfast with an omelet station as well as a full buffet of specialties.
You will not be bored with a visit to the Biltmore Estate or Asheville NC. The entire area is just beautiful with many many things to see and do.

• Stayed December 2005
18 Thank torpeedo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Houston, TX
Reviewed December 5, 2005

I actually won Biltmore Estate package which included two nights at Biltmore Inn. I’ve read great reviews about the Estate and the Inn and was really looking forward to this trip. Thought, it would be a romantic get away of some kind. Well, area is beautiful, I won’t argue with that, but winter is not the time to go and enjoy the view and the hikes. So, definitely would not recommend it for the winter. I just don’t see why Biltmore Estate is so popular around Xmas. It’s totally overrated, EXTREMALLY over decorated (the whole area), and I would say the average age of guests/visitors is probably 55-60 (if not more). And even though we were not looking for day full of activities, and just wanted to relax, we still got bored quite fast. Well, I liked the tour of the house, took an audio tour and found it very interesting. I was done with the tour within 3 hours, it was too cold to explore the gardens, and you can get through with the winery within 20 minutes. I was not too impressed with the wine testing either. Restaurants on the property were for the most part very stiff and pricy. We found few good places to eat in Ashville.
Staff at the Inn is great, very helpful and nice; breakfast buffet in the Dining Room at the hotel is AWSOME, totally worth trying. The area itself was totally beautiful, too bad I didn’t get to come in the summer.
The room at the Inn I really didn’t care for, it was very clean and it had everything we needed, and yes, the view from the room was great, but it’s not the type of room that you would care to spend a lot of time in. It just was too stiff, in other words, it just wasn’t very warm…
I don’t think I’d go back, I had a good time during my two days there (which was plenty, btw), but I think I would’ve been more frustrated with my Biltmore experience if I actually had to pay for this trip.
Once again, everyone has different tastes, but if you are under 30, there are better places for you out there even for a romantic quiet get away.

• Stayed December 2005
12 Thank Ira_N
Reviewed November 26, 2005

No indoor pool. Not much to do. Had to wait for breakfast, had to wait for bus. Did not take care of basic needs such as breakfast pasteries and water in general lobby area. For the high price I expected a lot more! I will not be visiting again.

• Stayed November 2005
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 10, 2005

My husband and I enjoyed the beautiful fall foilage on our trip to Ashville. The Biltmore Estate welcomes guests and makes your stay memorable. Our two nights at the Inn were very special. The staff is highly trained and friendly; very anxious to please. We enjoyed wine tasting and learned new facts. Overall, additional rooms were open for viewing. The Estate has made great strides in maintaining and growing. This was our fourth visit and the best!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 10, 2005

Can't remember the year but it was the first of the Hotel opening and it was in November. My wife and I needed to get a way for a nice week-end. We had been to the Biltmore Estate before but now they had a hotel on the site location. We booked the tower suite or room with the balcony and it was worth every penny. The view was great with the view of the vineyard and winery, the geese flying passed and all the other fall colors. This was the most we had ever spend on a two night stay but we both feel it was worth it and will return some day.

Stan Phillips
Palm Harbor, Florida

• Stayed November 2003
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2005

The Inn is very expensive. We purchased the Vanderbilt package which meant we were supposed to have the best of everything. I enjoyed my private tour of the Biltmore Estate very much. My guide was very attentive, and offered to taylor the tour to my interests.
My husband found the site transportation haphazard at best. Some van operators drove pokey smokey while others took the hair pin turns so fast you'd have thought you were at Nascar. Also vans were very hot..it was July afterall. We should have had transportation with a/c with what we were paying!
My husband exclaimed that we could have gone almost anywhere for what we paid to stay in the Biltmore suite. I won't be back. My husband and teenage son hated it. View from suite was lovely. Everything costs extra.
I took a rafting trip that was very relaxing until I was almost hit upside the head with an oar. Oh well live and learn I guess.

• Stayed July 2005
26 Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed August 22, 2005

My wife and I just returned from our 22nd stay at The Inn. Like the 21 previous visits, it was wonderful. The rooms, the atmosphere, the grounds, the food, and the staff, particularly Miss Lou Snyder at the front desk, are tops! We're looking forward to another visit real soon!

• Stayed August 2005