“Post Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Franklin, Tennessee
“Post Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

WOW! That is all we really need to say! However, it is clearly worthy of several pages of comments, but for brevity's sake I'll simply say that there is not much more anyone or any couple would desire in a place to go - it is a wonderful retreat, with heavenly surroundings - an outdoor place to wander and enjoy - walks along the river, fine dining and ALL! Just GO!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
Lake Placid, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

You will be treated like royalty when you stay at the Biltmore Inn. Complete with their own winery, the Biltmore offers beautiful grounds to wonder through and of course the decidant estate to view.

Service at the hotel is splendid, the food quite good and the rooms beautiful. The plush atmosphere and quality service offer guests a treat. Be sure to sit on the porch and enjoy a cocktail and the view on a warm evening.

While here be sure to take some time to run in to Ashville as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sunderland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Very friendly hotel on the Biltmore Estate. A real life example of Southern hospitality at its best with fantastic service.

Free wifi and comfortable rooms. Not my taste in decor, but very clean. Fantastic breakfast where we ate with a stunning view over the mountains.

We stayed for one night and used the free bus down to the village to eat in Cedrics. Considering we are from the UK the 'pub food' here was better than at home, gorgeous and great value.

We had never heard of The Biltmore before our recent trip. I would definitely recommend the estate and the hotel, we had a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lou12
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've never been here - I think it's important to clarify that from the beginning.

But I've made reservations twice - once for a room for a weekend last year, and then again earlier this week. Both times were for a close friend for whom nothing in the world is too good ...but the Biltmore comes damn close.

Last week, I called to reserve a room under my friend's name. I had specific requests to ensure her stay was as pleasant and beautiful as possible. The staff at the Biltmore function like a seamless, well-oiled machine - but with all of the professionalism, personality, grace, and hospitality that I've long since lamented was missing from this country.

After making the reservation, I was transferred to in-room guest services. I spoke with a young woman named Sharon - Sharon was singularly responsible for turning a mere stay into a magical experience (828.225.1660, extension 1059). I requested the room be adorned with bouquets of flowers. Big, vibrant bouquets that add color to an already stately room; freshly bloomed roses and lilies whose scents would compliment an aural synesthetic to the array of nature's hues practically jumping off the pedals and pistils.

Sharon explained my options and I chose accordingly. Imagine my surprise when Sharon called me the next day. My inner proletariat panicked - was my card declined? Had I requested something beyond my budget?

During every phone call, Sharon's tone epitomized happiness and positivity deftly infused with professionalism. She'd called because, after physically going up and looking at the room I'd reserved, she thought an altered arrangement of flowers would suit the layout better than what we'd originally discussed. I was shocked. She took it upon herself to go more than one step further to ensure everything was perfect, not just down to which of the freshest flowers should be on display, but HOW and WHERE they should be displayed.

That was but one aspect of many - all of which exceeded the care, quality, and attention to detail one could hope to expect from such an establishment.

Later, after all the arrangements were finalized, I phoned the front desk. I requested that they call my friend and let her know her room was ready. I didn't want to call her and say, "Hey, I got you a room at the Biltmore," but I didn't want her to make a reservation somewhere else either; I needed her to know there was a room waiting. The front desk called her and simply explained that her room was ready and waiting for her to check in on the day of her arrival. That was just the beginning of how pleased she was - and it only got better once she arrived.

I got more value and joy out of the Biltmore than any other hotel - and I didn't even stay there! I hope to stay there one day - but just working with them over the phone, and witnessing my friend's elation during and after her visit, the Biltmore has made it to the top of my list. If the rest of the world functioned, presented itself, provided courteous professionalism, and relentless respect like the Biltmore, we'd be living in some kind of science fiction utopia.

My apologies to The Breakers and the St. Regis Monarch Bay, but the Biltmore completely redefines class and perfection in a manner likely unachievable by others.

My goal in life once was to buy an island or a country of my own, and live out my days in luxury and excess, surrounded by beauty and serenity. But now I think I'll just go live at the Biltmore.

• Stayed June 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Really loved the location and Blue Ridge Mountain Views. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. It was raining when we arrived, and the valet and staff did not miss a beat making sure we did not get wet and that our luggage was taken care of. The Inn has marvelous dining options and Antlers Village is within walking distance. Once your car is secure, you have no need for your vehicle as there are shuttle services available for various locations, particularly the Biltmore House. Staying at the Inn affords many features and discounts to the Biltmore House and surrounding venues. Kudos to the Inn on Biltmore Estates for your service and style!!

Room Tip: Select Mountain Views...if you can
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

The Inn is a nice place to stay if you are visiting the Biltmore Estate. It's a beautiful property and there are a lot of good family activities that are offered on the property.

Aside from seeing the Estate twice(a must see), we spend most of the the time at the hotel(due to rain). Our suite was spacious and comfortable. We definitely enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a fabulous room with breathtaking view of the mountains. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. It's expensive but if you you book a package, you do get a lot for your money. Our 2 day stay included breakfast, entry to Biltmore House and wine tasting and a "complimentary" guide book. The first evening we had fish and chips in the bar-very tasty. The following evening we ate in the restaurant;the food was fantastic. An added bonus, the dishes were all "European" sized. We comfortably ate three delicious courses and still managed a full breakfast the following morning. Thomas, our waiter, was fun, informative and a true professional. A word to the Restaurant Manager-keep him happy; he's worth every penny (if not more)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple