The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Cedar Crest Inn(Asheville)
2,345 results
All reviewslibrary loungeantler villagebiltmore estateterrace roomshuttle servicebed and breakfast packageaudio tourbreakfast buffetcandlelight tourturn down serviceshuttle busmountain viewbeautiful propertyglass of winenorth carolinasegwayvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good
Convenient location and friendly staff. The hotel rooms are similar to a JW Marriott hotel room but a bit more ornate with the wall paper and fabrics on the furniture. The JW Marriott is nice but would you pay over $600/night for similar accommodations at the Inn on Biltmore Estate? We did for the convenience of being on the estate. It's convenient to stay on the property but the overall accommodations fall short for the ultra luxury category e.g. FS, Auberge Resorts, etc.

We had an awkward check-in experience with a training employee with the supervisor standing next to the newer employee. She made some jokes and told us she hoped we came back many times in the future. Just a strange experience in my opinion. Do the training on your time, not mine.

I did leave an iPhone in the car and the staff was able to locate and return to our room in very short order.

The bath products aren't luxurious or organic rather some mass produced Gilchrist and Soams soap, shampoo and conditioner labeled 'Biltmore'. Why not consider partnering with a local Asheville vendor to produce some luxury bath products for use in the hotel. No double sinks in the bathroom. Something you'd expect in a luxury category property. George Vanderbilt didn't cut corners on the Estate home. I wonder why the current generation of owners didn't feel the same when building the Inn?

Bad
No door man on duty during busy peak season. The valet telling me the tip wasn't included in the package rate. He explained to me the lot fee was included in our package rate but not the gratuity. I get it. Don't give me a subtle hint you're expecting a tip. It's bad form Mr. Valet. Again, this could be addressed by improved employee training on Do's and Don'ts.

Ugly
Black mold in the shower. I shared this with the Manager on Duty at the front desk and he graciously addressed the issue. I do think black mold in the shower is more indicative of a process failure by the supervising housekeeping staff to inspect the rooms after cleaning.

Summary
My wife and I didn't get the bang for our buck and most likely wouldn't stay on the Biltmore property on a future visit. On a friends recommendation, we did a quick visit to Grove Park Inn located in Asheville. The lobby has character and soul, it's very inviting and a place you'd want to spend time relaxing. I didn't get this vibe at the Inn on Biltmore Estate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Snouchy
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First know that this property is not inexpensive, however, it is absolutely worth a splurge.
The property is magnificent, the rooms beautiful, the staff friendly and efficient.
Also you are only minutes away from Ashville which in of itself is a beautiful city.
One caveat is very busy on weekends go midweek if possible.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Biltmore Inn is a lovely stay, located on the Biltmore estate property. Casual elegance. Our corner room had sweeping views of the mountains and landscape for miles and miles. The room was beautifully and comfortably appointed. The bed was heaven. We had the windows open with the crisp cool air, fluffy comforter and plush pillows, didn't want to get out of it in the morning! My husband and I dined at the Antler Village Bistro, which was a lovely walk downhill from the Inn. I recommend walking to the Bistro, and then taking the complimentary shuttle for the return. It was quite dark at night, plus we enjoyed some nice wines, which may have made the uphill return somewhat challenging. ;) We had a lunch at the Inn Dining Room, sitting outside on the veranda. Excellent menus at both restaurants. We look forward to returning to the Inn and spending a few days to experience all that the estate has to offer. We only had 1 day and we spent that touring the Biltmore estate, which, to borrow their own promotion, was truly, "the art of elegance'. Absolutely fascinating ingenuity in design and decor for it's day. Stunning.

Room Tip: Corner room with mountain views, excellent!
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I loved the whole Biltmore experience and was glad we stayed one night at the Inn. It was a lovely place with lots of charm. We watched the sunset from the deck outside of the bar and it was spectacular and very relaxing. You can walk to the village and go to the winery, bistro or Cedric's. I wish we could have spent more time there.

1  Thank tampatravelerby2
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here and we were so pleased we chose this hotel. The service was unbelievable, every staff member made us feel welcome and important. The room was beautiful and comfortable. We ate the breakfast buffet in the hotel dining room and it was very good. We also at dinner outside overlooking the blue ridge mountains at sunset...which was breath taking. The hotel also has a shuttle service which was always on time and the drivers were also very polite and helpful. I cannot say enough about this hotel and i stay, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful stay.