“4th of July”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed January 9, 2013

we went for the 4th and had a wonderful time. the room was very quite and overlooked the main entrance. while this is usually a bad view at other hotels, this was not. i don't think there is a single bad view at this inn. the customer service was outstanding.

for the 4th they delivered large blankets to each room so you could sit on the grass and watch the fireworks. they spared no expense in the fireworks, it was a full show. you get to sit on the hill overlooking the town and they fire off the show 50 yards away. did not eat at the inn so no food review.

the only thing i have to say that is negative was that we traveled with a 2 yr old and we got snooty looks in the elevator from the older guests who had no children. i was told that on holidays there were many families which there were so im not sure what these other guests were so snooty at.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DarthM

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We arrived to the Inn late after dealing with Southwest airlines losing my luggage. They were so friendly and nice and went way beyond the call to assist me in what I needed. The telephone operator even was willing to give me her own hairspray..lol They gave me a late check out so I could wait on my luggage to be delivered to me. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet the next morning was amazing. I only wished I would have had my clothes and stuff to make this once in a life time experience out of this world. We did a package along with the tickets to the Christmas Candlelite tour, which they do take amazing photos there so make sure to look your best, which I did not...lol I hope one day I can go back to experience this when I would not be so stressed out.

Room Tip: Everyone wants the view of the Biltmore Estate but it is very hard to see from your room if you have...
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our last minute trip to Asheville was wonderful at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. The website showed the Inn as completely booked with no availability, but I called their reservation desk and there had been some cancellation for the New Year. We booked a package over the phone for the only room category that was available-the basic deluxe king. On arrival, I asked if there was an upgrade available for a room with a view and we were accommodated immediately, with out an upcharge. The only drawback we noted was the Library Lounge was a little stuffy and the actual bar area is tiny-tiny with only 7-8 seats total for a huge hotel. There is an outdoor porch attached to the bar area which would be nice in warm weather. The food at the Dining Room was very good and the service excellent. The atmosphere over the holiday was very family oriented and I can see this would continue throughout the year as this is the only hotel on the estate. There is a sense of refinement and southern hospitality that spills over to the guests. The bell staff and valet are very helpful with directions and were happy to hold our luggage till our room was prepared. The front desk called us on our cell phone when the room was ready. Through out the estate all purchases can be sent back to your room so you can move from one activity to another without them. The level of service is 5 star throughout the Estate. The concierge is happy to make arrangements for the many activities through the estate and to provide additional details and suggestions for the surrounding area. I would highly recommend a stay at the Biltmore.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. There is a small upcharge which is very worth the view.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friend and I travel to a new destination each year and usually stay at a B&B. I wasn't sure that I would want to stay at a hotel because I really like the quaint personal setting of a B&B. That said, this Inn has that feel. It exceeded my expectations. You are not just staying at the Inn, you are on the Biltmore property. Being close to all of the amenities was very convenient. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping and wine. We took advantage of everything there was to offer there. Taking the winey tour, getting a massage, eating breakfast twice and dinner once, touring the Mansion, and shopping. The rooms are nice. Nothing too spectacular, but clean and nicely decorated.
Some of the highlights were:
The staff, very helpful and nice. Always willing to do something. To get your car from the valet all that was needed was a call and it was waiting for you when you got downstairs. One night our window was open, but there was no crank to close it. A maintenance man was literally there in 5 minutes to fix it. Also, when we ask for dry robes and more towels, they were promptly delivered. The hiking trails were a great way to see the property. The coffee in the morning was the best! And free! Excellent! When you bought something at the shop, you don't even have to carry it-if you are staying at the Inn they send it to you room free of charge. Such a wonderful convenience. It was waiting for you when you arrived back to your room. The pool is really rustic and beautiful. Even though it rained our whole trip, we still took advantage of this and truly enjoyed the view. The mountains are amazing.
Overall a wonderful stay. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank StargazerLily80
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We expected to be impressed with this Inn. However, the staff at this Inn went beyond our expectations in terms of service, room standards and food. We arrived at the front entrance and our car was taken away and our luggage arrived in our room promptly. The main lobby was gorgeous, the room was beautifully appointed with a great view of the mountains. The food in the main dining room (both breakfast and dinner) was first class. The dining room staff could not have been more attentive and gracious. The Inn is pricey and worth every penny. We will return.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and the views were spectacular. Elevator service was great....no waits...
1  Thank MaineGuyMaine
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is in the center of the Biltmore estate. Shuttle buses take you to the Vanderbilt's home, the wine tasting area and to the Antler Village which has shopping, sports activities, restaurants, etc. The rooms are nicely appointed and the rooms have a safe for you valuables. The breakfast buffet is very extensive and relatively inexpensive. Dinners are quite pricy with small portions but the atmosphere is very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This really is a very beautiful property. Every member of the staff I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. Getting around the resort using the estate shuttle service provided is easy. Breakfast at the Inn was very good, whether getting the buffet or ordering off the menu.

Furnishings and appointments in the room were nice. The room itself was a typical hotel room, nothing special. Stayed in a Premier King room. Bathroom was small, shower stall very small and not laid out well. Sound insulation was not very good, could hear guests and their dog in adjoining room.

We were lucky to be at the Inn on New Years Eve. Impressive fireworks display at midnight.

Access to Biltmore House and a visit to the Candlelight Christmas Evening were included in our package. As guests of the Inn we were able to skip the entry line and walk right in. A nice perk.

Room Tip: Upgrading to Premier for the separate shower is not worth it. Shower stall is small and not laid ou...