“Everything was perfect”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Inn on Biltmore estate is a perfect location to explore Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway in addition to touring the estate. The food at the hotel was great. The rooms were very luxurious. You felt like a Vanderbile staying at the Inn and wandering around the estate. It was easy to use the shuttle vist the house and gardens. We had the most fun taking the off road Segway tour of the estate. The location is very convenient to downtown Asheville which has a number of quirky but good restaurants. It is also very convenient to the blue Ridge Parkway. We drove to Craggy Gardens and Mount Mitchell.

Room Tip: Most rooms don't have balcony patios so the view from the room is not that big a deal unless you...
1  Thank John L
There are newer reviews for The Inn on Biltmore Estate

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our second stay at the Inn on Biltmore. We love it. If you want a quiet, peaceful retreat this is it. The staff is wonderful, the service is perfect. The rooms are elegant and immaculate. Treat yourself to the breakfast buffet. We've been to Biltmore Estate itself many, many times and we never tire of it. The only sad part is departure and return to the "real world".

3  Thank jlewis186
Reviewed September 28, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. Only need one word to sum up our experience at this fabulous property from A to Z ~ Perfection!! And since this review requires a 200 character minimum I won't bore you with the details. I'll simply say again ~ Perfection!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains and Antler Village. Breathtaking and great to wake up to every morni...
1  Thank GaryGarrett
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Inn on Biltmore Estate really leaves one feeling like a true Vanderbilt! This 5 star hotel has everything to rave about. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is exceptional. The Inn has a convenient location next to Biltmore Village and easy access to the Biltmore Mansion. Horseback Riding, Wine Tasting, Hiking, and Nightlife are only several of the hundreds of things to do at the Inn and in Asheville.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TheJourneyedOne
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Asheville is simply a quiet, calm place to visit. No excitement here.

The rooms are perfect; we had 1 facing out the back overlooking the Village. Very nice view. Room was clean, large, and the bathroom was plenty big enough for the 2 of us.

Yes, the lobby is just a lobby. But to the right is a nice large sitting area where you can order diner, and there is a piano player in the evening. They have coffee set up in the mornings. Off to the right of that is a nice little bar area with 1 TV, 6 bar stools, and 1 little table. It is a small bar but good enough. Then out past the bar is a nice sitting area overlooking the mountains & village (this small village consists of a Winery, Ice Cream shop, 2 restaurants, maybe 3 specialty shops, ….and that’s about it except for a couple areas to just sit and wait). You can walk down to here for some wine-tasting or to get a tour (we did the Segway tour – was fun and did some tasting of wine & ice cream). Back to the lobby – straight thru will take you out to a patio overlooking the mountains – perfect place for a reception. There is also a quaint little pool area, which is very relaxing with heated water & a good view of the mountains. The restaurant is downstairs right off the lobby – what an awesome breakfast buffet they have; it’s perfect. You can valet or self-park. Valet is $18 per day, self-park is just a short walk and not an inconvenience at all.

I will note that this Inn did not have the friendliest service that I have ever seen. The employees are a bit drab & bored. Again, nothing is too exciting at this place.
If you are looking to relax – this is it !

Take a tour of the Biltmore Estates and get the headsets for $10 ! Also walk thru the gardens and then down to the Bass Pond & waterfall. The views are tranquil & spectacular. There is a nice gift shop in the garden area – if you have a car: look around, there are some interesting larger items, like bird baths, benches, etc… that I had not seen before.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Village.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LuvDCaribbean
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The drive into the hotel was breath taking you feel like you are going into the lap of luxury in the middle of nowhere. From there really did not live up to expectations.

I find if somewhat offensive that a hotel such as this charges for valet parking. You are in the middle of nowhere, where else I am I going to park my car yet you charge me $18+ per day for my car to be parked.

Hotel lobby is nothing spectacular but the vista out the back window was gorgeous. Nice sized hotel yet only two elevators at times the wait for the elevator was very long and at times you had to let it go by as it was packed with people and luggage. I did not see any service elevators thus valet was moving luggage using the same elevators.

In my opinion, there was nothing overly spectacular about the room. Kind of average in my opinion for the price and our view looked out over the driveway so nothing spectacular. I would have loved a view over the back of the hotel overlooking the mountains. If you like to bring your own food and drinks there are no refrigerators in the rooms, so be prepared. Again there was nothing spectacular about the room, nice bed but tight quarters.

We did try and make reservations at the spa but staff there was not overly friendly and the concierge was of no use as well. Other couple in our party felt exactly the same way. We tried to get descriptions of the different services and determine what fit our needs and it was like we were interfering with their day.

The restaurant was excellent, we did make reservations for dinner one of the nights we were there and it was A+ without a doubt. After the first night where we ate in the little village where the food was awful I was not having that high of expectations. Glad I was wrong, but avoid the Irish Pub in the village terrible.

Breakfast service was very good different options the two different mornings we were there on the breakfast bar. We did not order off the menu. One gripe I have that I have is the coffee service in the mornings is terrible. Probably the worse I have ever had. First morning I went looking for a cappuccino and the front desk looked at me like I was a lost soul. Eventually I was sent to the restaurant to see if they could make a cappuccino. After a 15 minute wait I got the coldest worst cappuccino I have ever had in my life. We travel a fair amount and would think that a resort such as the Biltmore would have had a coffee bar in the morning. Being so far out I couldn't even go into town to get decent coffee.

After long days of walking the grounds we did find the little bar outside the lobby to be very nice. We spent a few hours each evening sitting on the veranda overlooking the mountains with cocktails, it was very pleasant. The waiter we had was very attentive, he was actually our waiter all three days we did this and he remembered our drinks from the first visit.

Beautiful area, I would look forward to going back again but would look for discounts. In my opinion a bit over priced for the value we paid. I have seen cheaper rates since we have returned. We also went during one of the hottest periods of the year, which made walking the grounds, a chore in itself. We look forward to going back in the spring when we can enjoy the outdoors.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Smontag212
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travel a lot and have been fortunate to stay in a number of highly rated hotels across the U.S. but this is among the very best. The views, accommodations, spa, food, and facilities are all top notch. The staff is excellent without being obsequious. There is a plethora of things to do including horse back riding, kayaking, biking, fishing, etc. We stayed 3.5 days but wished we had more time. If you are a fan of Sunday afternoon tea, the food served alongside it beats the top end hotels in London. The heated pool is also very clean and is kept at a great temperature for swimming. If you are coming to Asheville for the first time (or 100th time) and want to have the the Biltmore and its beautiful natural surroundings at your doorstep, this is the best place to stay.

1  Thank Neil S