The Salt Spa of Asheville and Himalayan Salt Cave Sanctuary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a deep breath and relax - You have arrived in Asheville's first and original salt spa with Himalayan salt cave, The Salt Spa of Asheville & Himalayan Salt Cave Sanctuary. We offer authentic Salt Therapy (Halotherapy)! It is going to be a different Spa experience here with spa packages and real, dry salt therapy you won’t find anywhere else in Asheville. The moment you enter our Himalayan Salt Sanctuary, you can leave your stress and worries behind. Whether you come to experience Halotherapy in our Himalayan Salt Cave Sanctuary, a massage or our Far Infrared Salt Bed in our Himalayan Salt Wellbeing Room, you have come to nurture your body, mind and soul. Besides experiencing real salt therapy, we also offer various types of massages, cranio sacral therapy and our in house developed far infrared Himalayan salt bed. Our Blisstime Packages are very popular and include different therapies. Our guests need to be non-smokers for at least 3 weeks of all substances.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been to the Salt Spa several times!! I keep bringing people I love. So peaceful, leaves me stress free every visit. The staff are wonderful people and I just love the knowledge they share about the salt room and it's history and benefits. This has always been an awesome experience and I just can't wait until I can go again!!!
Gracie :-)

in 3 reviews
"shoes"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was unaware of the Salt Therapy Room until my girlfriend suggested a girls' day out. What a wonderful surprise and relaxing experience. We rested in reclining chairs with soft music playing and cool breezes of salt air. I found myself totally "zoning out". Better than my regular massage appointment. I felt calm and re-energized after the therapy and have recommended this to all my friends. Gift yourself a great experience!!!

3  Thank serenity2128
Reviewed July 25, 2013

First, the staff was excellent. Very informed and accommodating. It was easy to find. I felt the treatment was very relaxing and therapeutic. Breath deep and relax!

3  Thank awtravelbuddy1
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have visited twice nice (I only live part time in Asheville) but each time was equally wonderful. I originally tried it because I was having some sinus issues which cleared up soon after the session. My girlfriend's cold cleared up quickly. My husband snored and her husband was trying to figure out the business model :) My second visit was with another very cynical girlfriend who was also having major sinus issues. She who can never relax was asleep in 15 minutes. I use the time to focus on a 6 or 7 word mantra...it puts me right in a zone of deep relaxation. Just love it and well worth the price.

3  Thank Dottie P
See more reviews
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As soon as I walk in the front door of the Salt Spa of Asheville, I immediately feel the stress of my day beginning to melt away, and I'm not even in the salt cave yet. I always receive a personalized warm and friendly welcome. Once inside the actual salt cave, the session lasts 45 minutes. The appointments are scheduled on the hour. They have comfortable zero-gravity chairs and blankets in the cave to keep you comfortable during your session. You'll be in the salt cave with others, yet there is no talking. It is a sacred space to enjoy stillness and relaxation. As others have mentioned, there is a shop on the premises with high quality salt goodies and gifts available. It's quite a treat for our community to have access to such an amazing, locally owned salt cave here in Asheville. If you are visiting the Asheville area, I highly recommend checking out The Salt Spa of Asheville.

5  Thank Jenny H

Travelers who viewed The Salt Spa of Asheville and Himalayan Salt Cave Sanctuary also viewed

Asheville, North Carolina Mountains

Been to The Salt Spa of Asheville and Himalayan Salt Cave Sanctuary? Share your experiences!