“Our regular spot for lunch with friends and family when in Asheville”
Review of Jack of the Wood

Jack of the Wood
Ranked #85 of 780 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Our regular spot for lunch with friends and family when in Asheville”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great selection of own and regional beers, along with good pub fare and fantastic staff make this a regular spot for our family.

Visited December 2013

“Good Bar Food, Great Beer Selection”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The thing I like the best about this place is the stairway between here and Laughing Seed. My sons and I can go downstairs and have burgers/wings/fries and beer, and my wife and daughter can go upstairs for vegetarian. Nice selection of beers on tap.

Visited July 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Great place”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We stop here each time we come to Asheville. .the staff are friendly and attentive. The food is good and I always get a scotch egg as the ones they do here are great so give it a try. The restaurant is reasonably priced and the beer selection is great...their own Green Man brewery porter is one of the best we have had...

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Travelrncdn
Charleston, West Virginia
“Brilliant Selection of Beers”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Following our ultra-marathon along the Blue Ridge Mtns., my wife and I stopped off here to refuel. The beer selection was brilliant with a wide array of dark and creamy beers. We didn't have anything to eat but for the beer alone, I would make a point to stop here.

• Visited September 2013
Mc Leansville
“Cask ale!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband especially wanted to visit a brewery/pub that served cask ale. We were fortunate that there was a firkin available & visited twice so that he could enjoy it. The second time was for lunch, and we shared a plate of nachos. They had good nacho cheese and plenty of fresh tomatoes and lettuce, although they were lacking any beans or meat, I'd probably order them again.

Visited February 2014