“Love the Sunday Irish Session”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jack of the Wood

Jack of the Wood
Ranked #89 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
metro Atlanta
“Love the Sunday Irish Session”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink and to enjoy the Irish Session which occurs on Sundays. My original plan was to head off for dinner, but I was enjoying the music so much I stayed and ate there. Not a wise decision for me: the fare is standard pub grub - deep fried, cheesy, heavy food. I paid $12 for a salad which didn't satisfy at all.

Beer - excellent. Staff - excellent. Atmosphere - quiet, but not dull; full, but not crowded. Very enjoyable. I will definitely return, just not for dinner.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

real irish food, live music and love the set yourself, low key atmosphere.
We are from Atlanta and it reminded us of being in little five points.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

love beer and they have a lot of it and good prices. I love the local brews and this is a great place to hear music and drink copious amounts of the nectar of the gods!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fun entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a great time visiting Jack of the Wood for drinks and listening to the open mik entertainment (it was a Wednesday night). We didn't eat, so I can't comment on the food.

I recommend going when The Stillwater Hobos are playing - we enjoyed them immensely!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great pub and live music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice evening at this bar/pub/restaurant. The night I was there the music was mountain jam. Lots of local musicians playing my kind of music. Great bar atmosphere with people of all ages. Nice bartenders and a huge selection of beers.