“my favorite bar”

Dining options: Late Night
Charleston, South Carolina
“my favorite bar”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

love love loved this place. great little country band playing and a fun crowd. good bartenders and decent prices for drinks. i didn't want this place to shut down!

Visited April 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great for music......sorry excuse for food”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Always a good stop to catch some music, but when it comes to pub grub, over the years as the prices have gone up the portions and quality has gone down. With a constantly changing staff, service is so so, with not the happiest crew. After living in this town for years, and Jack once being my favorite spot, it takes a great band to get me in the door. I would never order food there again with all the good food in town.

• Visited March 2013
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“A must stop when in Asheville!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I live in Greenville, South Carolina, so all I've ever done is take a Saturday ride up to Asheville since it's so close. This is one of the places I always find myself. Great food, great drinks, and a super atmosphere. My wife and I have had many things on the menu and have been disappointed by none. They have live music some nights, so whenever I get up here to stay over night I will be coming here to check out the night life! One of the greatest little bars in Asheville.

• Visited March 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Music Venue”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I dropped in with friends after I had already eaten dinner. It was a lively place with a really good band and a fun atmosphere.

Visited March 2013
Minnesota
“All around great experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived on a Thursday about 7:00 and though it was busy and full there was a small table for two available. We were lucky to be there for the Bluegrass jam going on -- great music and a really fun atmosphere. My husband is a home brewer and always checks selection and ratings ahead -- he was not disappointed and said prices were great. The food was fantastic (as well as local and sustainably raised -- important to us). I ordered a small plate from the daily specials for $9. It was three large scallops, perfectly seared, plus "pickled" carrots and fresh cucumbers. I also ordered a side salad for only $3. and was surprised and pleased that I had a choice of he specialty salads -- I chose the greens and goat cheese with roasted red peppers & candied walnuts -- a great choice. My husband was really happy with another daily special -- rabbit ragout served with deep fried kale. The menu also also had lots of snacks, sandwiches and burger options -- the full menu is available on their web site. Service was great too -- no long waits but no one rushing us either. Definitely recommend to all!

• Visited April 2013